Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies, gentlemen, greetings!

I'm relatively new to the survivalist mindset. Moved up to Staten Island after finishing college back in 2008 in order to be with my fiancee (A native New Yorker). Wasted most of the first year with my pantry bare since I was eating over at her parents' house the entire time. Why have any food on my own? Why, indeed... :rolleyes:

Obviously that attitude changed, or I wouldn't be here! I worked in Manhattan for the first year and always carried a small kit with me in the event of a terrorist attack. Nothing fancy, especially after reading about the sorts of things I should have been carrying! But, alas.

By the time 2009 rolled around and I became a victim of Obamanomics (Only for a month, thank God. I got a job out on Long Island. The 100-mile roundtrip by car isn't much fun, but I'm not going to complain) I began to consider stocking my pantry a little. Then a little more. When my fiancee and I got married later in the year I made the mistake of reading The Road on the flight out for our honeymoon. I still enjoyed myself on the trip, but came back wanting to be ready for anything!

Surprisingly, she got on board immediately, which makes me believe she had been thinking it all along (She was always the more sensible one of us... ;) ) If she had any doubts, though, they were washed away when the snows came. Not having to leave the house for four days last week was great. :sleep:

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from you guys, but I also hope to contribute as well. I may not have a lot of practical experience, but maybe people can learn from my initial steps and missteps.

Thank you for allowing me in your group! :)

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Hello my southern neighbor, welcome to the community

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
Greetings and Welcome.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Welcome from the Village Idiot in King Bloombergs court!! I was here first - I wish he would go back to Boston!!

Manhattan here - Village area!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts