Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
936 Posts
I seriously doubt anyone here has the advanced data analysis skills required to look over the current science and determine with any reasonable degree of certainty whether or not climate change is a "scam".

·
Prov 3:18
2,235 Posts
I seriously doubt anyone here has the advanced data analysis skills required to look over the current science and determine with any reasonable degree of certainty whether or not climate change is a "scam".
Do you actually know the professions of the people on this board ,or are you blanketly calling us stupid? There is plenty of evidence that they are using this myth to control our lives and take our money,just last week there was proof that they are cooking the numbers.

·
Not On My Watch
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't need the data analysis skills. I have a thing called common sense, and it tells me this is all about money.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Granted... many do not consider wiki a reliable source, but I'll use it for *this* demonstration.... (mind you, this is just the short version)

What is Global Warming?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concludes that most of the observed temperature increase since the middle of the 20th century was caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases resulting from human activity such as fossil fuel burning and deforestation.[1]

So... the next question should be... What is Greenhouse Gases?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

The main greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.

When these gases are ranked by their contribution to the greenhouse effect, the most important are:[7]

* water vapor, which contributes 36–72%
* carbon dioxide, which contributes 9–26%
* methane, which contributes 4–9%
* ozone, which contributes 3–7%
--------------

Your 1st alert SHOULD BE... Water Vapor? UH? WHAT???? Water... the very basic building block of life. Heck... just a few months ago we supposedly bombed the moon, to see if it had water. Now Water has become dangerous???

Your 2nd alert should be... CO2... Carbon Dioxide...

What is CO2?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide

Carbon dioxide is used by plants during photosynthesis to make sugars, which may either be consumed in respiration or used as the raw material to produce other organic compounds needed for plant growth and development.

---------------

Anybody know of any devout fish aquarium hobbyists that have tanks of live underwater plants? The reason I ask... many have to purchase CO2 kits to SUPPLEMENT their underwater plants. In otherwords... plants DIE WITHOUT CO2.

This is just the 101 version. Do your own homework. See what you learn.

936 Posts
I don't need the data analysis skills. I have a thing called common sense, and it tells me this is all about money.
There's money on both sides, big money. The Left wants social control and the Right/corporations fear regulations.

I'd wager most people here are against global warming based on ideology and not a hard look at the facts. Science should be apolitical. Either the earth is warming or it isn't. Either humans are causing it or they ain't. Doesn't matter whether or not the answers to those ruin your day, make Big Oil happy, or make a bunch of tree huggers happy. Truth is truth, it don't care which the wind blows when you're ****in.

I think Al Gore is a hypocritical dipstick. I hate starry-eyed hippies. I would love for global warming to be a huge hoax. Doesn't mean that it is. And none of you know whether it is either. Don't make fools of yourselves.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Rising temps really do precede CO2 increases and are an important cause of CO2 increase. Warm temps speed the rate of plant material decomposition releasing CO2, and warm ocean water can't hold as much CO2 in solution as cold water. The following chart shows that peaks of CO2 follow peaks of warm temperatures.

Attachments

·
Back of beyond!
2,575 Posts
Its easy and self-serving for we humans to forget that the earth runs on a geological time scale, not dependent on how we interpret time. We tend to take geologic short-term trends, and spin them to fit differing agendas. What appears to be a long-term trend to you and I, is in reality, a blink of an eye in geological terms.
The earth will always have periodic fluctuations and variations in climate,as it always has had, with or without we humans mucking it up.

That being said, our closest star, the sun, is the primary cause of climatic changes, and always will be. It is the ultimate cause of periods of warming and cooling on a global scale.

We should not base political agenda on hysterical assumptions! Especially since lots of money, policy, and world-changing decisions can be made from these flawed assumptions! AND, especially in light of the recent scandal involving so-called scientific studies that were just released. Think about it my friends!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The present day envio movement in "100% total" is a Criminal Enterprise and nothing less. The leaders should be tried on crimes against humanity with execution as their sentence.

936 Posts
I have anger over so many things right now that the whole global warming thing doesn't really phase me. Even if the powers that be pass legislation that caps emissions and "greens" up the environment, that at least will be helpful at the local level. Pollution does have other detrimental effects even if it doesn't cause global warming.

I just don't want to pay for it. I also think it would be better to let private citizens deal with this problem themselves. Look at how much "green" stuff the market is coming up with on its own without governmental mandates. If people want to save the planet, let them voluntarily vote with their dollars.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Yes.That skill is strictly reserved for an elite few "scientists".You peasants just keep on about your work and pay your taxes..

·
VA / NC
12,688 Posts
Its easy and self-serving for we humans to forget that the earth runs on a geological time scale, not dependent on how we interpret time. We tend to take geologic short-term trends, and spin them to fit differing agendas. What appears to be a long-term trend to you and I, is in reality, a blink of an eye in geological terms.
The earth will always have periodic fluctuations and variations in climate,as it always has had, with or without we humans mucking it up.

That being said, our closest star, the sun, is the primary cause of climatic changes, and always will be. It is the ultimate cause of periods of warming and cooling on a global scale.

We should not base political agenda on hysterical assumptions! Especially since lots of money, policy, and world-changing decisions can be made from these flawed assumptions! AND, especially in light of the recent scandal involving so-called scientific studies that were just released. Think about it my friends!
Exactly - what caused the other cycles when cars, factories, etc did not exist?

Gore in DC will be like Bill Ney the science guy meets Barnum Bailey Circus. Wasn't it Barnum that said a sucker is born every second or something like that?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I do think we need to recycle more trash.

I do think we need to dispose of hazardous waste in a better way.

I do think we need to figure alternative fuels to gasoline, natural gas, and coal. THEY WILL NOT LAST FOREVER.

I do think we need to quit building larger than what our resources can support.

I have laughed at the "Global Warming" concept since the beginning. Here is the best global warming statement of all. Which puts off more greenhouse gasses, A volcano erupting? or human released gasses?

I wasn't that surprised at Obamas Nobel Peace Prize, I lost all resxpect for them after they gave one to Gore for this crap.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
One more thing, why did they choose CO2 to scam us?

Wouldnt it have been easier to target water pollution? My god just look at our rivers in the USA. In ft wayne we had a woman die because she fell into one of our rivers. No she didnt drown, she died from an infection from the crap in the water.

Water is vital to humans, why do we continue to pollute it so badly. It will run out eventually if we keep polluting it.

I've got infrastructure inprovements for obama, SEPERATE sewer from storm drains. Almost EVERY city needs to do it.

·
DEFCON 4
6,583 Posts
i seriuosly doubt that you have the skills to realize that you are being taken by your government, and that the global warming/cap and trade garbage is just that. garbage!!!!!:thumb:

936 Posts
Look at all these climatologists we have here with all the answers. :rolleyes:

If we relied on backwoods common "sense" to address sophisticated scientific problems, we'd still be hunting with spears.

I am smart enough to say I don't have the answer.

·
Registered
696 Posts
One more thing, why did they choose CO2 to scam us?

Wouldnt it have been easier to target water pollution? My god just look at our rivers in the USA. In ft wayne we had a woman die because she fell into one of our rivers. No she didnt drown, she died from an infection from the crap in the water.

Water is vital to humans, why do we continue to pollute it so badly. It will run out eventually if we keep polluting it.

I've got infrastructure inprovements for obama, SEPERATE sewer from storm drains. Almost EVERY city needs to do it.
That would actually require legitimate work to resolve. The elite would never actually tackle a serious problem they could actually solve.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts