Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent an email to www.akpartskits.com about their kits. I asked if they have ever thought of doing video's of their kits fully assembled.

I told them all I hear is its Vulcun/Hesse and its junk and that the box on the upper says Black Thorn and that they keep changing their name.

I asked if they would put one together nothing special and take it to the range and put it through the paces.

I also told them im going to at Christmas time be at my family range doing my own little test and I wont be babying it and will post a video but thought one straight from them would be the best.

I will keep everyone posted if they decide to do this and what they have to say. I really like my kit and from i've been reading so far all the QC problems in the past are not there.

·
Banned
152 Posts
I am interested in buying this kit...thanks for the link only thing is...does anyone know the quality of these kits.....this would be a very cheap way for me to buy an ar15...please let me know asap.....thanks all.....

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested in buying this kit...thanks for the link only thing is...does anyone know the quality of these kits.....this would be a very cheap way for me to buy an ar15...please let me know asap.....thanks all.....

I have one of their kits and great quality and great price. I did have a problem with the charging handle having a slight bend and the gunsmith who checked my work and theirs fixed it. Before fixing it it jammed every other round after fixing it runs with no problems. I have the M4 kit that Im very happy with.

Im going to be able to shoot it next month at Christmas time when im out in the country side and can do this. I will be running it hard and not babying it at all. I didnt my AK and I wont my AR.

If I cant trust it to run the way I think it should well then I just cant trust it. The gun smith did run 100 rounds through it after fixing the charging handle with no jams.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Email to them

Hi I bought a kit from you guys a few months ago and love it very great kit and better yet a great prices. I wanted to ask if you guys have thought of posting video's on youtube or on your site of your kits fully done and firing at the range?

The reason I ask is almost every where I post about buying from AKparktskits.com I get flack due to it being a Black Thorn product and im also told it used to be Vulcun/Hesse. I tell them to buy with confidence and still flack. I send a lot of new guys to the AR's your way and some have bought from you and others are scared to. I would love to see a kit done and a torture test performed. I think this would put all the gun snobs and kit snobs out there to rest.

I will be at Christmas time out in the country at my family range and will be taking a lot of video's of me shooting my Black Thorn upper on my Essential Arms lower. I will be posting this and I wont be babying the AR at all. I would love to see you guys doing this and think it would be awesome to show one going together and heading to the range. Thanks for your time and I hope to see a video from you guys.

Their Email Back

I believe your intentions are good but, knowing the mentality of the "gun snobs" (your verbage) there is really nothing you can do, say, or show these people that will change their opinion. You can point out to them our Gun Broker rating but these people are not interested in any evidence.

The internet is a place where anyone is free to post whatever they want without any oversight whatsoever. Because the net is so pervasive, there is bound to be some difference in opinion. Please consider the source of this information. Is it someone you know and trust, or is it just “Some guy on the internet”? Were there serial numbers given or just “the product didn’t work” or “My friends girlfriends brothers cousin heard that they had problems…”

In response to these types of inquiries, we point to our Gun Broker A+ rating, literally HUNDREDS of satisfied customers, and these are actual customers who actually bought something from us. If our products are really substandard how can we possibly have such a high percentage of satisfied customers? No, you can’t please all of the people all of the time, but we have a very high percentage of customers who give us high marks.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Lemmie let you in on a secret....

Mil spec is mil spec, is mil spec. If a gun is mil spec it is just that, mil spec, the US military has a very tight set of specifications when it comes to small arms, and as long as the firearm meets those specs it really is no better or worse than any other mil spec gun.

Anyway, I looked into AKpartskits before ordering, their uppers / bolts are LMT, and the barrels come form Wilson or Mossberg, all three are current contractors for building AR-15's so really for the price you can't lose.

Reactions: OlympicArmsFan

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lemmie let you in on a secret....

Mil spec is mil spec, is mil spec. If a gun is mil spec it is just that, mil spec, the US military has a very tight set of specifications when it comes to small arms, and as long as the firearm meets those specs it really is no better or worse than any other mil spec gun.

Anyway, I looked into AKpartskits before ordering, their uppers / bolts are LMT, and the barrels come form Wilson or Mossberg, all three are current contractors for building AR-15's so really for the price you can't lose.

Hey Kahn I agree man mil spec is mil speck. A few other boards im on I get flack for just saying I bought a kit from them and telling others to buy gets even more flack. Im pleased with my kit and just thought it would have been a good idea for the company to do it but I guess I will just have a little more fun doing it myself. The prices are about 100 bucks less then Del-ton. I didnt know who made the upper parts but had heard Wilson & Mossberg where used for barrels.

Thanks Kahn for the info on the other parts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You may want to check out Essential Arms for the lower. I have 2 and they're top quality and the best prices I have found. I bought a matching upper and lower from them and the fit and finish was better than Bushmaster or DPMS. $269.00 shipping and FFL included.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the Essential Arms lowers. I have one that I built my kit on. I bought a full upper from AKpartskits.com and it fits nice looks great.

I was hoping that Black Thorn would do a video of one of their rifles after its done to show people that they are great kits.

Im going to do a video of mine at Christmas time when im out in the country and can do it.

+1 on Essential Arms

+1 on AKpartskits.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts