Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, it replaces your standard dust cover, but depending what you want to mount on it, you may not be that impressed with it. If you want to mount a flashlight on it, it will be fine. If you want to mount a scope or laser, be aware that the dust cover does move around and it will not hold zero.

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
Yes, it replaces your standard dust cover, but depending what you want to mount on it, you may not be that impressed with it. If you want to mount a flashlight on it, it will be fine. If you want to mount a scope or laser, be aware that the dust cover does move around and it will not hold zero.
exactly right..........

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
It's junk. And it just looks sexy.

The top cover does not stay stable enough on an AK to put anything on but a peep sight.

I suggest you look at Tromix Lead deliver systems and look at the HK sights mod for the AK and Saiga. Go this way.

Best yet is the Beryl rail system. Open the photo below....

T

Attachments

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
What kind of AK did you get? If it has the side rail, you can get a mount that has rails on top and the side for mounting optics.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
id rather have a forend with a rail. just one. nothing fancy. I really dont think i'll need a light on my WASR but since im setting it up as a truck gun with a folding stock- i may need the light one day- er night

1 - 9 of 9 Posts