Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Obama wins the price of the AK47 is going to skyrocket because the Democrats will definitely ban them. So, it is time to get grandfathered in. What a good price for a descent AK47 now, and what might the price be between Nov. 4th and swearing in in January?

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
My Cristal ball is at the cleaners so I can't tell you about future prices...
(OR IF they will be grandfathered)

BUt it's hard to pick up an AK under $400 nowadays.... where it used to be just a hair over $300

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Prices quoted above are right in line with what we see around the country. Issue may not be guns but ammo and mags. Average gun owner has two boxes of ammo. I know that the average member here does not fall in that demographic but you have to remember, if you take out 90 percent of the guns because they can't buy bullets, you have a whole lot of wall hangers. Like California you limit mag capacity to lets say 8 or 10 rounds or ban detachable mags completely. You will have people burying their guns (those are out of the market) Kids will be asked if mom or DAD has any of those evil guns in their house and Junior will tell them without thinking it is bad.

If the Democrats win then it is going to be a fun time had by all. England here we come. Or worse than that Germany pre WOrld War 2. The Nazis took to guns up to protect the people.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
I bought a WASR-10 at my local gunshop yesterday for $450. It included bayonet,2 30 rnd mags,pouch,oil can and some stuff I haven't figured out yet:D:

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
Got my AK for 300$ (Russian)

Can convert it to pistol grip for about 100$ more.

So i can get a good quality AK for the price of a wasr.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This idea could be thought of as an investment . This investment will certainly appreciate if Nobama wins. It just won't appreciate as much if McCain wins.

Good thinking , Razor.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
This idea could be thought of as an investment . This investment will certainly appreciate if Nobama wins. It just won't appreciate as much if McCain wins.

Good thinking , Razor.
I've got a STACK of AK parts kits (That I'm building AK's out of one by one)

THey've already gone up alot from the $99-$140 I paid for them! (Evil grin):D:

...They arn't going down unless a maricle happens (And I'd welcome it)

·
Think for yourself.
68 Posts
I picked up a WASR-10 with two 30 rounders in January for $379. Looks like you can't touch them for under $400 anymore.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Exactly why I've been stocking up. Only had a shotgun up until four months ago. Bought an RPK, Mosin Nagant, a Bulgarian AKM, and have an AK101 being built currently. Have about 140 rounds of 7.62x39 and another 1000 rounds shipping to me. Plan on going to the next gun show down in Savannah to pick up another couple 1000 rounds and a few more "high cap" mags. Will be closely following politics concerning gun/ammo control over the next few months and if the risk gets higher for another ban coming into play, I'll be looking to buy more

·
Battling the Beast
169 Posts

THey've already gone up alot from the $99-$140 I paid for them! (Evil grin):D:

...They arn't going down unless a maricle happens (And I'd welcome it)
the current bill circulating would NOT grandfather your parts kits. you wouldn't be able to build a pre-ban style gun after the ban even if you own the parts before the ban. same problem for the AR guys, they won't be able to build a pre-ban configuration on lowers after the ban even if they bought the lowers before the ban.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If Obama wins the price of the AK47 is going to skyrocket because the Democrats will definitely ban them. So, it is time to get grandfathered in. What a good price for a descent AK47 now, and what might the price be between Nov. 4th and swearing in in January?
I just ordered a gently used M70AB2 from Gunbroker for $500 shipped, which I consider a fine deal.

I don't necessarily agree with your assertion that the Democrats will "definitely" pass another AWB, however. There are plenty of good, pro-RKBA Congressmen with a D behind their names. I'm not advocating complacency, but I just don't see gun control being a Congressional priority, even with Obama in the big seat.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
the current bill circulating would NOT grandfather your parts kits. you wouldn't be able to build a pre-ban style gun after the ban even if you own the parts before the ban. same problem for the AR guys, they won't be able to build a pre-ban configuration on lowers after the ban even if they bought the lowers before the ban.

Please reference this line:
I understand, (Although we don't know what ANY future legislation may bring)

I've got the flats that I'm building them offa... although I want to pick up a few more No Dac Spud (SP?) 100%'s...

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Always with the drama, lol

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Exactly why I've been stocking up. Only had a shotgun up until four months ago. Bought an RPK, Mosin Nagant, a Bulgarian AKM, and have an AK101 being built currently. Have about 140 rounds of 7.62x39 and another 1000 rounds shipping to me. Plan on going to the next gun show down in Savannah to pick up another couple 1000 rounds and a few more "high cap" mags. Will be closely following politics concerning gun/ammo control over the next few months and if the risk gets higher for another ban coming into play, I'll be looking to buy more
I plan on hitting the next one in Savannah too to check the price of mags vs what i can order them for and check ammo prices for same and maybe get another Qt or two of gun oil to put up.

One thing: in all the years I have hit the guns shows; they never have any deals on shotgun ammo...always thought that was strange.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Prices quoted above are right in line with what we see around the country. Issue may not be guns but ammo and mags. Average gun owner has two boxes of ammo. I know that the average member here does not fall in that demographic but you have to remember, if you take out 90 percent of the guns because they can't buy bullets, you have a whole lot of wall hangers. Like California you limit mag capacity to lets say 8 or 10 rounds or ban detachable mags completely. You will have people burying their guns (those are out of the market) Kids will be asked if mom or DAD has any of those evil guns in their house and Junior will tell them without thinking it is bad.

If the Democrats win then it is going to be a fun time had by all. England here we come. Or worse than that Germany pre WOrld War 2. The Nazis took to guns up to protect the people.
Hide the guns, don't tell Junior. If he finds out, threaten him with savage beatings for being stupid and a traitor. /sarcasm

1 - 20 of 32 Posts