Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a web site, that does not have complete information, but covers about a third of the types and about 90% of the countries that have manufactured the Kalishnikov.

My personal choice is the Bulgarian, but this site only covers one model, and is very brief in discription, so I am posting the Bulgarian Arsenal site, in Bulgaria, for your viewing, and review.
Note:
The Bulgarian Arsenal makes more the Kalishnikovs.
Be advised, you will find everything from grenades, RPG's, Howitzers, anti-aircraft artillery, too guided missle systems.
Yes they are all for sale !!
No, I doubt you can get any of it through customs ;)

http://www.arsenal-bg.com/defense.htm
WEAPONS AMMUNITION AND ITS COMPONENTS

ARSENAL Co. built up Quality Management System applicable for design and production of armaments, ammunition and their components in accordance with the requirements of NATO Publication - AQAP 2110, CERTIFICATE Series SK No. 0064/2007

• Pistols • Small Arms Ammunition
• Sub-Machine Guns • Artillery Rounds
• Assault Rifles • Rounds for Underbarrel and Revolver Grenade Launchers
• Light Machine Guns • Mortar Bombs
• Machine Guns • Hand Grenades
• Heavy Machine Guns • Ammunition for anti-tank weapons
• Grenade Launchers • Aviation Bombs
• Rocket Launchers • Unguided Rockets
• Mortars • Tracer Pyrotechnics
• Air Defense systems • Fuzes
• Howitzer • Percussion Primers
• Detonating Caps
• Powders and Charges

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models

Kalashnikov Arms Versions

Types

Assault Rifles (103 items)
Light Machine Guns (9 items)
Machine Guns (13 items)
Sniper Rifles (5 items)
Pistolmachineguns (4 items)
Carbines (21 items)
Pistols (2 items)
Shorty Assault Rifles (18 items)
Accessories (6 items)
Countries

Russia (16 items)
USSR (107 items)
Poland (13 items)
Romania (5 items)
USA (2 items)
Cuba (1 items)
India (1 items)
Egypt (1 items)
Bulgaria (1 items)
Italia (1 items)
Netherlands (1 items)
Israel (7 items)
Korea, North (1 items)
Korea, South (0 items)
Yugoslavia (3 items)
China (5 items)
Hungary (5 items)
East Germany (6 items)
Finland (1 items)
South Africa (4 items)

Please post any other models and links specific too this thread, in this thread.
DO NOT POST ABOUT ANY OTHER FIREARMS IN THIS THREAD

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can second the motion for the Bulgarians.

I owned a Bulgarian SLR95, it now belongs to my brother (which means I still pretty much have it) and it is head and shoulders above any other AK that has ever passed between my hands, and that would be at least a hundred... The Bulgarian SLR-95 is a milled gun, and it appears to be of way more solid construction, and has a superior fit and finish than any other AK I have been exposed to.

Appearance is nice, but the target range is the big deciding factor. The sights on my Arsenal gun were top notch for this family of rifles, outshining any other make that I know of.

These guns tend to go un-noticed in the AK world, I am glad someone shined a light on them!

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polish Ak's seem to get a bad rep, but Mine has been perfect for me
I own a Tantal, in 5.45x39.
I like it a lot, seems too be my go too rifle for introductions too the AK, and 5.45 more so the my Bulgies.
The Bulgies are for later, which may be why, but that Polish Tantal shoots true, and is very tough.
I am comfortable handing it too a 12 YO kid, or a 20 year Vet.
It always performs very well !

Reactions: harleyrider86

·
Registered
60 Posts
Romanian with a chrome bore in 7.62x39 smaller dia rounda don't have the stopping power get 154 gr soft points they will go thru a telephone pole hollow points are useless steel core if you can afford them FMJ rounds are OK . Stick with what works and is simple to operate. I think we all know the capabillities of the .30 russian round. I have an m-92 and would'nt bet my life on the 5.54 caliber.

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
I have One GP WASR 10/63 I have put over 4,000 Round out the end with no jams.

Two Saiga's 7.62 One is going to look like a Clone AK-103.
The other is out of the Box with Skeleton Stock. And a feed ramp for standard Ak Mag.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just have one the one I bought today. It's a Romanian I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. It's got a collapsable stock and with it fully collapsed it feels the most comfortable for me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can second the motion for the Bulgarians.

I owned a Bulgarian SLR95, it now belongs to my brother (which means I still pretty much have it) and it is head and shoulders above any other AK that has ever passed between my hands, and that would be at least a hundred... The Bulgarian SLR-95 is a milled gun, and it appears to be of way more solid construction, and has a superior fit and finish than any other AK I have been exposed to.

Appearance is nice, but the target range is the big deciding factor. The sights on my Arsenal gun were top notch for this family of rifles, outshining any other make that I know of.

These guns tend to go un-noticed in the AK world, I am glad someone shined a light on them!
Have two of them myself (should have bought more back when CDNN Investments was selling them for about $450 apiece.)

1 - 20 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.