Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took apart my friends Mak 90, to replace the FCG for him.

I never realized that an ak trigger system depends on a ball point pen spring, a fancy paper clip (shepards hook), and braided wire. WOW.:D:

·
Take me out to the black
3,030 Posts
I just took apart my friends Mak 90, to replace the FCG for him.

I never realized that an ak trigger system depends on a ball point pen spring, a fancy paper clip (shepards hook), and braided wire. WOW.:D:

Pretty much. lol

Braided wire springs are pretty standard for hammer springs.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
I replaced my paper clip with e clips.

I will take simplicity over complexity, if it works. I have never had a problem with my AK trigger.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced my paper clip with e clips.

I will take simplicity over complexity, if it works. I have never had a problem with my AK trigger.

Agreed, I wasn't complaining. Hey, if anything, it makes emergency repairs easier.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Its a harsh lesson but the bottom line is the owner would not have purchased the spare parts and now all that is needed is a spring kit. Plus one of the best AKs ever sold which is no longer available in the US got a huge upgrade all the way through. I think 922 is forced parts storage in an odd way.

·
Hangin in There
820 Posts
Its a harsh lesson but the bottom line is the owner would not have purchased the spare parts and now all that is needed is a spring kit. Plus one of the best AKs ever sold which is no longer available in the US got a huge upgrade all the way through. I think 922 is forced parts storage in an odd way.
Is that the VEPR that your speaking of?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts