Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the chicom adapters and they are flimsy and easy to bend. Saw the plastic one, and some replys are they break easy. Have been looking for an answer. I intend to add stiffeners to the ones I have and have not quite figured it out yet.

Any better versions out there?

Or should I post results when I figure out a solution?

This is the one weak link in the ak systems it seems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally I would buy a LULA AK mag loader and not use clips at all. They are about $20-$25 and well worth it. They are plastic and look like they will break but they hold up very well.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at lula loaders but I don't want to do the one by one when its possible to strip 4 into a 40 in less than a minute. I will work it tomorrow and report any favorable results.

What are most folks using?
1.Lula
2.Plastic with handle
3. Chicom sheet metal

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worked the chicom issue a bit. Stared off looking for stiffener metal and finally settled on a spoon adapter from the m1. Straighteded the rails into a u shape and put it on piggyback. Ugly and not what I was after. Then I bent the spoon bill the way the chicoms do and broke it in half. This left the spoon and the u shaped rail which a little tweaking with needle nose pliers fits right on piggyback over the cut that tends to bend on the chicom. This gives not only a double thickness that would have to bend, but two side rails that need to deform in order to bend out of shape.

The process is fairly fast to complete and all that is left is drilling two holes and adding two pop rivets.

Will follow up after testing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts