Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently approached by a co-worker who is having some financial problems. She is looking to sell a couple of guns that belonged to her husband and asked me if I would be interested. She has the following:

Pre-ban Norico AK-47 with the side folding stock, 3 mags, bayonet and case.
Ruger 10/22 with folding stock, 3 mags, scope and case.

She was originally asking $800 for the AK, but said she would sell the pair for $800 if I was interested. Both are very well taken care of and do not appear to have been abused at all.

I would guess $200 would be a good value for the Ruger setup, so would the remaining $600 be an unrealistic price for the AK? I know little about the value of these, and being that it is pre-ban, I know even less.

Any advice would be great!

·
DILLIGAF
1,241 Posts
$600 is pretty close to retail for a new ak right now. But that comes with 1 mag only so the 3 mags and bayo make it a toss up.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If you bought them all together that would be a good buy.

prebans from what I have seen have been selling 800 and up

if you can get a 10/22 in good shape for that price I would go for it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was recently approached by a co-worker who is having some financial problems. She is looking to sell a couple of guns that belonged to her husband and asked me if I would be interested. She has the following:

She was originally asking $800 for the AK, but said she would sell the pair for $800 if I was interested. Both are very well taken care of and do not appear to have been abused at all.

I would guess $200 would be a good value for the Ruger setup, so would the remaining $600 be an unrealistic price for the AK? I know little about the value of these, and being that it is pre-ban, I know even less.

If that is the fancy one with bakelite in the middle like this http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?157427-Anyone-ever-install-a-Chinese-Side-Folding-Stock&p=1217964#post1217964 it is very rare and a steal.

But $800 for just the AK versus $800 for both I'd take both.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to clarify, the deal was both guns for $800.

The whole thing got pretty interesting yesterday though. Her husband got involved and tried to say she was supposed to sell a Marlin .22, not the Ruger. Then he tried to up the price of the Norinco, said they would sell the Ruger for more, and was playing all kinds of games. His goal was to get up to around $1000 for the pair. Told them no dice, but my offer stood on the original deal if they changed their mind.

About 4 hours later I got the "expected" phone call, and we settled on the original offer.

Must say, both guns are in beautiful shape and I can not wait to get some range time with them!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just to clarify, the deal was both guns for $800.

The whole thing got pretty interesting yesterday though. Her husband got involved and tried to say she was supposed to sell a Marlin .22, not the Ruger. Then he tried to up the price of the Norinco, said they would sell the Ruger for more, and was playing all kinds of games. His goal was to get up to around $1000 for the pair. Told them no dice, but my offer stood on the original deal if they changed their mind.

About 4 hours later I got the "expected" phone call, and we settled on the original offer.

Must say, both guns are in beautiful shape and I can not wait to get some range time with them!
Pics man. We need pics of that Norinco.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
If I remember right, the Norinco AK-47s were top notch, just below the russian made stuff.

I think $600 for both is a fair price.

Pics of co-worker?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts

grab it!! it is a good deal...similar aks are going for $1,500.00 or more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts