Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went and did it. Ordered some spare mags for my AK. Seems like a good deal 5 mags and a pouch for less than $75. This AK is one of my JIC weapons because I can buy the ammo at a reasonable price. Just might try bump firing a few rounds.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good, Can't have too many. Why waste your ammo with bumpfiring? Other than it just being fun to hear it moving like that you won't be able to hit anything.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got them from sportsman's guide for $55. The bump firing would be just to prove the principle, not a tactic. In 20 years in the military I only set my 16 to rock-n-roll once for real mission requirements.

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts
I got them from sportsman's guide for $55. The bump firing would be just to prove the principle, not a tactic. In 20 years in the military I only set my 16 to rock-n-roll once for real mission requirements.
Nothing beats the eyebrow singing enjoyment a full-auto brings to the table though :D

·
Registered
937 Posts
Good, Can't have too many. Why waste your ammo with bumpfiring? Other than it just being fun to hear it moving like that you won't be able to hit anything.
I bumped fired mine and was still on target with it no problem. I liked it and was fun and easy to control with it locked in my shoulder.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jeez, I been waiting for backorder of these same five mags and pouch from SPG but ain't got it yet. I'm gonna send them an e-mail, yes I am----

·
Talk To The Hand
658 Posts
Jeez, I been waiting for backorder of these same five mags and pouch from SPG but ain't got it yet. I'm gonna send them an e-mail, yes I am----
Yeah, I placed the same order back in Dec. `08. Customer svc. rep told me to look for them sometime in March {crosses fingers}. It's a good deal, but I'm gonna just suck it up and pay J&G $20 for each excellent condition steel ComBloc 30-rd mag for now.

BTW, when I asked the SG rep about 7.62x39 ammo he just laughed. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Update:

SPG advises that the new expected ship date is 3/15/09.

Canyon Cat: Last time I checked their website they had "39" in stock.

·
Talk To The Hand
658 Posts
Update:

SPG advises that the new expected ship date is 3/15/09.

Canyon Cat: Last time I checked their website they had "39" in stock.
Could be it was the Wolf we were talking about. Don't remember. I DO know that if you're willing to open your wallet a little wider, better-quality "39" is out therefor the having. The cheapskates just have to look harder and wait longer (just don't wait TOO long). Heck, Midway, has lots of the $35-50 per 20 round box "39".

Cheap stuff? Backordered . . . out of stock [repeat endlessly] :(

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have had this problem with SMG before. They say they have it in stock, unitl you place your order. Then you get an email a few days later saying it has been backordered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I checked the SPG site again and lo and behold the more expensive stuff is there. I looked for WOLF but there is none. To be quite honest about it I have never had issues with WOLF. Much better to have a stash of WOLF rather than trying to decide if I can afford the more expensive stuff.

I do not regret buying WOLF when the price was very reasonable. A bird in hand is always better than two in the bush, or is it 200 rounds of WOLF is better than 20 rounds of "the good stuff" that I can't afford to shoot.

OF course, I could be wrong--:thumb:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YAY!!!! I got them; or at least the FedEx site says they are on my front porch (I hate when they do that). Just in time too, my buddy is going to break out his SKS and I'm going to grab the AK for some comm block fun.

·
Talk To The Hand
658 Posts
I got my 5 AK mags and pouch order from SG a couple days ago (about 2 weeks ahead of schedule). The mags were individually plastic-wrapped, a bit greasy and gritty on the surface, but in very good shape. The pouch is a brand new green ChiCom canvas bag that took a bit of muscle to squeeze the mags into and will take awhile to break-in. I wouldn’t want to use it for a sneaky bag (too small and tight), but it could work as a convenient mag carrier for range fun or travel. :thumb:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my 5 AK mags and pouch order from SG a couple days ago (about 2 weeks ahead of schedule). The mags were individually plastic-wrapped, a bit greasy and gritty on the surface, but in very good shape. The pouch is a brand new green ChiCom canvas bag that took a bit of muscle to squeeze the mags into and will take awhile to break-in. I wouldn’t want to use it for a sneaky bag (too small and tight), but it could work as a convenient mag carrier for range fun or travel. :thumb:
Mine came the same way. Nothing a little brake cleaner can't handle.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I got some from SG too. And they are coated in grease. Once you clean them up with brake cleaner, is there a proper way to lube them? Or leave them dry?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got some from SG too. And they are coated in grease. Once you clean them up with brake cleaner, is there a proper way to lube them? Or leave them dry?
Theres no real way to lube them (gums up the works). I just use the cleaner (over and inside it) and they are working fine.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts