Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been buying the scratch and dent ak mags from centerfire systems ( nice people)They are somtimes rusty or pitted but they work and they are cheap and come with the pouches. 14.99 for 2 If you can't frind them anywhere they have some. I also bought 4 ak bayonets for 24.99 also a good deal and the blades look very menecing mounted ,just want I want. Get them while they last.

Mikey

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Centerfire is very 'nice to themselves' when it comes to grading...

A couple dents... will leave the mags unusable.

Some people report getting mags that are dented "Like they have been run over with a truck"

FYI

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Centerfire is very 'nice to themselves' when it comes to grading...

A couple dents... will leave the mags unusable.

Some people report getting mags that are dented "Like they have been run over with a truck"

FYI
I've had this problem with them. An ak mag is TOUGH, and when they are so jacked up they cant be used it has to make you wonder just what type of grading system they use. I wouldnt say it was run over flat, but it had to be thrown and tossed from some seriously high places. Or used as Russian body armor :)

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I agree, it doesn't take much of a dent at all to render an AK spring immobile. I had a problem with an AK mag recently, and it took forever to figure out the problem, I finally noticed a tiny depression on one side restricting spring movement.
I was lucky, I cranked it a little from the inside with a screw driver and fixed it right up, but I still swear by the Bulgy polymers! If it's broke...you KNOW it's broke !!! :D: ( and I've never had one break)

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I agree, it doesn't take much of a dent at all to render an AK spring immobile. I had a problem with an AK mag recently, and it took forever to figure out the problem, I finally noticed a tiny depression on one side restricting spring movement.
I was lucky, I cranked it a little from the inside with a screw driver and fixed it right up, but I still swear by the Bulgy polymers! If it's broke...you KNOW it's broke !!! :D: ( and I've never had one break)
I've beat the HELL out of AK mags...

Never dented one.

I DO wonder how they manage to bend them...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only had 1 mag that need to be repaired out of 8 mags. They are all new just been sittin for awhile. The followers are all unscratched. None stuck some had a bit of rust inside but I cleaned it out with emery cloth. 2 for 14.99 with a pouch . If anyone knows where to get ak mags then I'm listening.....

Mikey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts