Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was viewing the GOLDEN AK Video the that Leif the Lucky posted and got a charge from it. I hate the way the AK looked with the gold but the MAgs look pretty cool. So I grab one of my many 30 round mags and strip all the blue off of it down to bear metal.. Then shined it up and applied one coat of Clear Engine Enamel on it to protected it. The paint will stand temps of 500 deg. And the best part is it is very durable paint.

What do you guys and girls think..
It's the one on the left, the other is there for after and before..

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
If they get a little rust, then I wire brush it out and paint with flat black a couple coats to keep oxygen out. I saw some a buddy did with grey and black hammerite paint the looked cool but stuck out like a sore thumb. Flat Black metal paint for me.

·
free man
626 Posts
Looks nice, but I wouldn;t want to be hiding in the brush with it.
+1. Functionally(tactically) speaking, its way too shiny now and will stand out against most anything, and reflect light not unlike a signal mirror otherwise. A subdued color like flat OD/black works much better in this regard.

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice, but I wouldn;t want to be hiding in the brush with it.

Ya I know that.. but this one is not going under cover.. I'v got a stockpile of mags. It was just for S/A/G.. I'm going to take it to the gun range and blast off some rounds. And if theres an AW Ban, I can sell it to some dumb butt for $50 or more at the gun next gun show..

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
So I was viewing the GOLDEN AK Video the that Leif the Lucky posted and got a charge from it. I hate the way the AK looked with the gold but the MAgs look pretty cool. So I grab one of my many 30 round mags and strip all the blue off of it down to bear metal.. Then shined it up and applied one coat of Clear Engine Enamel on it to protected it. The paint will stand temps of 500 deg. And the best part is it is very durable paint.

What do you guys and girls think..
It's the one on the left, the other is there for after and before..

I think you may have a little to much time on hand! But you know, "whatever cooks your bacon."

I do like your idea of selling at gun show though. Some thug would pay heavy for that kinda bling!:D:

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do like your idea of selling at gun show though. Some thug would pay heavy for that kinda bling!:D:
BINGO I can take it to the Syracuse Gun Show, " Yo Boss man, I'll take that off your hand for a $50" SOLD!!:thumb:

·
Banned
97 Posts
BINGO I can take it to the Syracuse Gun Show, " Yo Boss man, I'll take that off your hand for a $50" SOLD!!

Over ten years ago, I was going through gunsmithing school.

A guy that was in our class was buying inexpensive ($200) AK's. He would hard chrome the metal pieces. Except the trigger and the saftey, which he would have gold plated.

He was getting $700 PER RIFLE. This was back in 1997/98!

And yeah, most that dropped the cash were banger. But hey, like has been said, "Whatever cooks your bacon".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts