Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow survivalists,

I have a Bulgarian made AK. I did some accurate target shooting at 100 meter (roughly 110 yards) and the bullets are ending up about 2 to 4 inch to the left of where I want them. I have a question. How do I change the windage, how do I change my sights so the bullets will go a bit more to the right.

Any help appreciated.

Wolfe

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
there is a special tool for adjusting the front sight on an ak. it can be used to not only adjust windage but also elev. it's been so long since i got mine i can't remember where i got it, however, you can try krebscustom.com also impactguns.com, gunshops gunshows for starters. they're cheap, but the only way to realy adjust the windage without a bunch of a$$ing around. you might even be able to find one at midway, i'd try impactguns first. if i had an extra i'd just give it to you, unfortunately i don't. if you can't find one, pm me and let me know and i'll get you one, no charge.

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats real kind :) . I think I might be able to find one, but I don't know how they look. Could you describe it or do you maybe have an image?

Edit:

Is it a tool like this?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
i'm a shooter not a computer guy, i don't know how to post photos yet. however i can decribe it to you. here goes; it's shapped like a squared off "C" with a t handled screw threaded through the top of the "C", on the bottom of the "C" is a unthreaded hole. also above the t handle is the portion that slips over the post(sight) to adjust elev.. to adjust for windage you need to unscrew(but not all the wayout) the the t handle enough that it fits over the side of front sight housing(from the front). just below the wings that protect the sight post is a large pin aprox. 7.5 mm in dia. that passes under the sight left to right. you can put the adjustment tool on from either side depending on which way the sight needs to be moved. in your case the sight needs to be moved to the left so your point of impact moves right. it doesn't take much movement, so start out slow. good luck, need any more clarification let me know.

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link but unfortunately I can't change windage using my rear sight, only elevation.

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
The tool picuted above is just one of the good tools available.

I believe that one turn (windage or elevation) equals one inch on the paper at 100 yards.

To move your bullet strike to the left--move the front sight to the right.
To move your bullet strike to the right--move your front sight to the left.

Same with the elevation...

To raise your bullet strike--lower your front sight.
To lower your bullet strike--raise your front sight.

Or get a Mojo or Williams rear peep sight--they have screw adjustments.

Also...

Cut your paper at 50 yards, not 100 (easier to see).
Shoot 3 round groups--adjust, repeat process (with good ammo--not commie ammo).

With an AK, sandbagged on a rest (bench-rest shoot), you should be able to get 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 100 yards. If your AK shoots tigher than this, it's a real good one.

Also...

The elevation markings on the rear sight is in meters.

100 = 110 yards
200 = 220 yards
300 = 330 yards and so on.

When it's all dialed in correctly--you should be able to hit a pie-plate at 100 yards consistantly, standing, sitting, kneeling.
Tactical shooting, get it?!

Don't expect anything more from an AK--this is what they were built for.

T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts