Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy an AK-47 surplus and what is a fair priced for this gun well used. Also what is the difference between an AK or a SKS

·
Registered
645 Posts
Thats about right.

I know you meant the semi auto clone. The best way to find out is to do some leg work and haggling around your part. I garantee they are scarce after the gun run, so good luck on finding a good deal.

I'd change what I was looking for right now.

Oh and another place you can find a real Ak-47 is on the black market. Do you have any druggie/gun runner conections?

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Sons of Anarchy

They peddled a few of those.

Just kidding. Used semis are running as much as new ones were 2 weeks ago. Prices are crazy and getting one is only halfway there. You will spend the same amount on mags and gear for it, and just start buying ammo to feed it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you get one just hope you can still get ammo for it later.

I'd be looking at .223 (uhhh :taped: ) or .308. you will be almost garanteed to have an ammo supply for either of thiese calibers even in the most uncertant future.

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
TWO goats??? WOW!!! They really HAVE gone up in price.... I can remember when you could get an AK for 1 goat and a captive maiden...

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
I think its important that people get over the idea that they want an AR or an AK. That is only a single piece of either weapons system. You also need:

Mags. 2 pouches full to start. Thats 10 AK 30 rders. I assume 10 AR as well.

Pouches. Shoulder pouches or a vest or load bearing harness.

Mag loading tools. These are the stripper clips and adapters for each system. Enough for all the ammo you store and spare adapters as they are the part that fails not the mags or strippers. stripper hold 10 rounds. How many do you need for all the ammo you store? Extras? Spare adapters? spare mags for parts?

Slings. You should have two if they are cotton, and spare parts for new swivels if needed.

Combat cleaning kit. Small carry with you kit.
Full size cleaning kit.

Broken case extractor. If you have any steel case ammo, or even for brass.

Spring kit. A full set of rifle springs. Some people put all new in any used arm and then also keep a set.

Spare extractors. At least two or three. These last anywhere from 5,00 rounds to 15,000 but they wear out from constant slamming faster than other parts.

Bolt rebuild kit. New firing pins and bolt springs, extractor and ejector. Some people keep a spare bolt as well.

Gas system replacements such as piston and rod if equipped.

Spare sighting system or iron sights if equipped with glass.

This is all before selecting and storing ammo, changing furniture and the other things that come along.

That $800.00 AR or $450.00 AK is just one item in the SYSTEM.

Add fast rising ammo prices and practice ammo and you can start to see the true cost of the system. Those that fail to store and build the system will be the first contestants out of the game. Not by their choice but the choices they made.

Sorry to bear the bad news

·
"Et si omnes ego non"
246 Posts
good luck finding one.....

A WASR-10 before the panic was like 300-400. Now those things are like 800 a pop. Whats interesting is the the Cugir factory at Romania could only make like 10,000 per month and with this panic going on and everyone wanting to buy one, they cant keep up with demands.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Where do you live? State is what i mean. Look for dealers on line like www.MilitaryGunSupply.com Have to use the caps or you get a bogus site. They have excellent prices. Have the gun you buy shipped to a dealer near your home. Pay a transfer fee for them doing the paper work.

Both guns use a gas operating system first designed by the Germans. The SKS is a clip fed semiautomatic rifle that holds 10 rounds in an attached magazine. Bullets are fed into the magazine from the top of the gun. An AK (Kalishnikov) is fed by a detachable magazine that is loaded prior to putting it into the gun. You can use 5, 10, 20, 30 round magazines or drums to fed the AK. Prices for the SKS are about half of the AK. I prefer the AK as my first line weapon. However, the SKS is a fine gun and well worth the price. Both shoot the 7.62 x 39 round. (Some variants of the AK use a 5.45 x 39 round)

Best thing to do is do a search on the web to see the differences in the guns.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hes not my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and s.james or whatever your name is just be quite and add me to your ignor list already.
and as for the ferret on crack quote YOUR LIKE A PERVERTED FERRET SO GO AWAY ALREADY!

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
hes not my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and s.james or whatever your name is just be quite and add me to your ignor list already.
and as for the ferret on crack quote YOUR LIKE A PERVERTED FERRET SO GO AWAY ALREADY!
You owe me a beer and a new keyboard , thats some funny S#$T .................LMAO..

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Just got my AIM SURPLUS mailer .

Polish Tantal , wire side folder , 5.45x39 ( AK74 ) 499.95

1,080 round can of 545x39 ...........................119.95 each plus shipping ............

Thats pretty cheap shooting ..............:thumb:

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Better check with the dealer. I have a couple of these flyers from others and they were drafted and went to press before the buying surge. Lots of items are backordered or sold out.

Call first before ordering.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Good point Brew , Aim is a good place to buy from ......................:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts