Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
First off let me say I think slings are great! They are important and you need one. However people get hyped up about buckles points etc. Anyone ever carry a 3 point sling with any gear on and got caught up raise your hands. Anyone had a one point sling or seen someone with a one point running and transition the rifle into the groin?

The things people forget about is you should be able to switch sides easily, and maneuver your weapon. So many people ignore good instructors these days buy advanced slings just to shoot a bull out a bit further instead of relying on fundimentals. Several instructors now are showing people how to run two point adjustable slings, but many have the weapon not slung for the engagment. We can carry weapons without slings comfortably and without wearing our arms out, so if you are going into a bad area its best not to have a sling.

Reasons not to have a sling on during a fight.

1. Shoulder transition for shooting barriers.
2. Weapons retention. Give the gun to the badguy and shoot him with your pistol if you have one.
3. Not getting caught on things as easily.
4. More accuracy through better training instead of using the sling as artificial support.
5. If you are left handed not having a 3 point prevent proper function of your rifle.

Yes this can be countered.
1. You need weapons retention because you don't have a pistol
2. Longer distance shots adding extra support and some recoil management.

Various other arguments exist for and against, but don't get caught up in the sling as much. I would suggest a good 2 point sling personally.

·
Registered
161 Posts

I found this review using google for an underfolder sling. I purchase it and received the sling today. Nice quality. After realizing I had failed to inform them it was for an AK and didn't get the snap hook, I emailed them offering to send my loop back in exchange for the snap hook. Marshall emailed me back saying he was sending it for free and not to worry about the return. I'm pretty happy with both the service and the quality of the sling.

·
Chains keep us together.
22,136 Posts
Its amazing how much noise that plastic stuff makes hitting the side of a rifle, we taped the metal on metal or plastic points or got red of that hook and tied it on with boot straps. you can hear them banging together100 meters out.
About the time you break in a a leather AK sling-they fall apart.
I used a three point on a galil and it worked, I did like how I could change it length in 2 secs. did all the things it advertised but transition was hard, it was in the way twice as much and getting hung up. If I was not happy with a regular two point system I would look at a single point sling, but they have draw backs too. keeping barrel out of dirt every time you get low,ect.
Israelis have a nice simple two point sling, ties on both ends, piece of streachy nylon to cover one buckle, its ugly and works!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts