Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my Romian AK-47 out to test fire it yesterday.. made a short but campy video clip. Hopefully the Russian National Anthem spices up this otherwise standard "me shooting my gun" video. Enjoy.:)

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Chonfusious say,

keep hand on wood cuz barrel is aw hot. LOL Good educational vid. :D:

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Change out that fore grip. Those wood foregrips will brand you after a short while shooting. I have scars on my left hand from them. It is the pin through the wood that heats up from the barrel. The Bulgarian style stock in plastic with the vents on sides is great.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you like that Romanian? Is it a decent quality rifle?
It depends. Mine is reliable and accurate out to 100 yrds(longest range I have access to)

CIA imported WASR-10s have a bad rep. The things you need to check for are canted sights and gas tube.
They dremel out the mag well so that it can accept a double stack magazine. More often then not this leaves a lot of slop and your mag will rattle around.
Also they are known to have trigger slap, which will be hell on your trigger finger after awhile. The easiest fix is to just replace the FCG, they are not too expensive. Or if you are handy with a dremal you can fix it yourself.

Besides the trigger slap, mine was in very good condition when I purchased it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It depends. Mine is reliable and accurate out to 100 yrds(longest range I have access to)

CIA imported WASR-10s have a bad rep. The things you need to check for are canted sights and gas tube.
They dremel out the mag well so that it can accept a double stack magazine. More often then not this leaves a lot of slop and your mag will rattle around.
Also they are known to have trigger slap, which will be hell on your trigger finger after awhile. The easiest fix is to just replace the FCG, they are not too expensive. Or if you are handy with a dremal you can fix it yourself.

Besides the trigger slap, mine was in very good condition when I purchased it.
Did you read all that off Wikipedia? I did... None of those things are a problem on my rifle, I have checked it out.. post purchase. So I guess I lucked out.. Honeslty though, CIA wouldn't be in business if all of their rifles were crap, would they? I think they just have an above normal bad track record... so it's good to be an educated consumer. The only problem I ever had was a No. 7 Jungle Carbine made by Enfield in the 50s. There was a notch in the bolt mechanism which didn't allow it to open after the first bullet was fired. They did exchange it though, at the place I bought it, and the replacement was top notch.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Did you read all that off Wikipedia? I did... None of those things are a problem on my rifle, I have checked it out.. post purchase. So I guess I lucked out.. Honeslty though, CIA wouldn't be in business if all of their rifles were crap, would they? I think they just have an above normal bad track record... so it's good to be an educated consumer. The only problem I ever had was a No. 7 Jungle Carbine made by Enfield in the 50s. There was a notch in the bolt mechanism which didn't allow it to open after the first bullet was fired. They did exchange it though, at the place I bought it, and the replacement was top notch.
No, most of that information was collected here, other internet resources, and through personal experience. My WASR has a bit of mag wobble and had trigger slap.
The WASR's that I have seen are, like all AKs, sturdy and reliable. They just don't have the best fit and finish.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Romanians are junk piles of a poor made ak-47
but they fire good...
i like the yugo m70ab2 the best
There are some guys in Nevada who say theirs are the best. Why do you want to diss the Romanians so bad, are you racist? I say they're a lot better than the Yugoslavian pieces of crap. Now what? We'll have to agree to disagree. lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can see why people diss the WASR-10. The wood furniture is cheap, there are tool marks, and it feels like you are buying a used rifle. Now, I just got it this weekend, but for $400, as long as it shoots good enough to hit a human or hog size target at 100 yards with a decent scope...im fine with it. I bought mine to build it into a tactical AK. I don't have that much to spend on a great AK anyway. Had I, I would just get a Smith and Wesson M&P 15. The AR platform is more of what I wanted in a semi-auto large caliber rifle, but Lord knows I don't have that kind of money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts