Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Postman
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a single point sling adaptor available for the AK 47? The metal plate that fits between the stock and the reciever ? There is a plastic eyelet that is made on the collapsable stock, but it is too fragile.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
it wouldnt be pretty- but I think you could rig something out of a C clamp and plate, then just tighten the nut as tight as you can at the front of the butt. The problem there would be the metal sticking out that may be uncomfortable when you get a grip on the weapon

Reactions: pastorhudgens

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
A retired merc told me to add a swivel to the top of the butt stock across from the one on the bottom. Let the sling out and put it over your arm. the gun can now be carried muzzle down or pulled up at elbow level to shoot with one hand. Worked great for me for a $3.99 cure. All the way out and across your chest for crossings where you may drop or lose it. Use some mink oil on the leather couplers and they unbutton like a flannel shirt and switch back and forth on a whim.

The leather couplers are a failure point. The cloth sling should last the life of the rifle. I have a spare set of leathers packed into the mag pouch side pocket along with a roll of black tape, cleaning kit and BSE in the BSE pocket. Comfort food for the rifle.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
This is th commonly used one.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR103-7.html

If you want a single point mount you will need to find the center balance point with the mag size it will have in the well, and drill and add a small stack of washers inside the receiver if its stamped. may have to counter bore inside if its milled. People use this set for drill jobs. Funny I threw away the part that you could probably use, and used the screw in part.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/44618-1.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am currently testing a AK-47 single point sling adapter that I have designed. The most I can tell anyone at this time is that it is made from a single piece of 1/8 inch thick cold rolled steel. It does not restrict movement, weights less than 5 ozs. and looks good on the weapon. Once testing is complete I plan to setup a website and start shipping orders out A.S.A.P.. They come in 3 colors you will have a choice between Black, O.D. and Tan. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to filling all of your orders as fast as I can just as soon as testing is complete. ($12.00 projected price)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update: In order to cut cost for the production of the sling adapter we are in the process of switching to a different material. The original concept was one made from cold-rolled steel formed by punch-press. The new version which will be the model to hit the market very soon will be made from aluminum (resulting in a even lighter model). Instead of being formed in a punch-press they will be cast and heat-treated for even greater strength. All of this may sound like a waste of time and energy but it has yielded a better product that will now only cost $8.00 (USD).This product is in the process of being patented, sadly I can not sell any of these untill this drawn out ordeal is taken care of. The website is being built but I can not release the address until the patent is confirmed. Once again thank you for your time and interest.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Update: In order to cut cost for the production of the sling adapter we are in the process of switching to a different material. The original concept was one made from cold-rolled steel formed by punch-press. The new version which will be the model to hit the market very soon will be made from aluminum (resulting in a even lighter model). Instead of being formed in a punch-press they will be cast and heat-treated for even greater strength. All of this may sound like a waste of time and energy but it has yielded a better product that will now only cost $8.00 (USD).This product is in the process of being patented, sadly I can not sell any of these untill this drawn out ordeal is taken care of. The website is being built but I can not release the address until the patent is confirmed. Once again thank you for your time and interest.
^ Not needed

·
woefully unprepared
1,488 Posts
You are building a website and going to the patent office on a $8 retail, niche market item? Sounds like a break-even deal, at best. Better idea is to market directly and by word of mouth. But I guess that's what you're doing.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Something like this one? The sling is Hungarian. I just bought a couple of them for $5 each recently.

The swivel came from Numrich Gun Parts. I think they were two for $10. Might have been more, might have been less. It's been a while since I purchased about eight from them some time early last year. All you would need to do is drill a small pilot hole and then use the correct sized wood screw. Because mine is mounted to the rear trunnion, I drilled and then tapped the hole. Works great. AND I can use the sling as a regular sling by simply rearranging it so it attaches to the rear sling swivel and the front sling attachement point.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my rifle, I 550'ed a quick detach buckle to the swivel on the wirefolder and made the sling from 1 inch webbing. With this setup, I can remove the rifle while still wearing the sling. I think it cost about $2 to make.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine, has created an ambidextrious single point sling mount that will fit all ak47 type rifles, folders, pistols, you name it, with no modifications to your exisiting rifle. below ive included a photo, its more than tough enough to call itself home on an ak. this is the first of three models. not sure as to when they will be available to the public, but if your interested in one for your rifle and seeing the other available models heres the website and email, echo93.com, [email protected].

http://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac126/dallasdeadeye/?action=view&current=akslingv1.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts