Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
Good high quality vid!

+100 for not doing the same old bump fire and jerky camera stuff
yeah, +1 to that for sure.

Sootch, that does not look like original Romanian wood, looks better! is that a kit? it almost looks like Chinese AK/Norinco wood....

·
Registered
859 Posts
i want my wood to look like that. I thought about switching to composite but i don't want to loose the ability to club someone over the head if need be with it.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
only problem I have with the video is calling it an "assault" weapon

Reactions: blue123

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
I think your channel will get posted on my blog...

Ten minutes later: Thats some sensible stuff you´re saying. Definitly posting this...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, +1 to that for sure.

Sootch, that does not look like original Romanian wood, looks better! is that a kit? it almost looks like Chinese AK/Norinco wood....
The stocks were on it that way when I bought it. I have a Tapco folder that I attach sometimes, but I like the feel of the fixed stock better. Thanks~

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for not clarifying. I was using term "assault rifle" to refer to the original AK-47 Select fire version adopted by the Soviet Military. It was a historical point and not actually specific to the Semi-auto version. Thanks!

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
The stocks were on it that way when I bought it. I have a Tapco folder that I attach sometimes, but I like the feel of the fixed stock better. Thanks~
well, that's a complete re-work (read: miracle) job on original Romy wood, or, someone gave some TLC to a nice after-market wood kit. kast guess is that it's some wood from a Chinese Norinco. but, that last one seems doubtful.

enjoy it!

·
Registered
896 Posts
The ak-47 is an assault rifle, but I understand what your saying because it is often semi-auto here.

Anti gun people often lump them in a bad category by calling them assault weapons, but that is what they were designed for.

It was somewhat based on the STG 44 or Sturmgewehr, which means storm/assault rifle.

·
high on truck stop coffee
16,517 Posts
Thanks for posting this vid sootch,it confirms my opinion of this old,but proven design.Still a viable close range weapon (under 300 yards or so) I know they're super reliable,but I'll still stick with my ARs for defense,why.?The football trajectory & 7.62X39 runs outta steam real fast at longer ranges.This is why the Ruskies went .22 cf waay back when.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
Thanks for posting this vid sootch,it confirms my opinion of this old,but proven design.Still a viable close range weapon (under 300 yards or so) I know they're super reliable,but I'll still stick with my ARs for defense,why.?The football trajectory & 7.62X39 runs outta steam real fast at longer ranges.This is why the Ruskies went .22 cf waay back when.
yeah, for all that penetrating fire ability, right? :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts