Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
It's not a flip up, it's a leaf sight. You can adjust it for different distances. The numbers correspond to 100's of meters.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I know it's a leaf sight, know the different distances, but it does flip up and I would just like to know the reasoning...if any.

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
OK, I know it's a leaf sight, know the different distances, but it does flip up and I would just like to know the reasoning...if any.

Umm..........to compensate for bullet drop at various ranges, thereby increasing your hit probablitiy? Or are you asking why it flips completely up, so that the markings would be facing away from you if you had the weapon shouldered? That's just how it's made, probably so you can clean underneath it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is because the Kalashnikov series of weapons are made as inexpensively as possible and there is nothing to prevent it from flipping all the way up. It moves freely to adjust for range as Cannon Fodder stated, they just saved on the extra piece of metal needed to stop it at a certain range. Do you know how to adjust the front sight? Did yours come with the kit in the but stock?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I know about adjusting for range, elevation, adjusting front sight, I know you have to flip it up to remove it, I just wondered if there was a purpose of it flipping all the way up. Thank you all for the info...I appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts