Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The WASR Warrior
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dolled up my Romy with Soviet hardware. it is a very close replica to what the USSR issued their Navy in the 70's and 80's.

·
The WASR Warrior
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i appreciate all the kind words. Ive been working on this rifle for a few months now, just trying to get it where I want it. I wanted the original AK look, but I didnt want to pay Russian or Bulgy prices. So, I went with the WASR and dolled it up. Got just what I was looking for at a bargain price.

btw, the wood on there is actual Soviet, its not the original wood that came on it.

·
The WASR Warrior
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the Boards. You did good with the rifle, looks nice. Now go shoot the dang thing............alot.:thumb:
no worries here, i shoot it pretty much every weekend. i put 200 rounds through her today, and I have another 200 for Sunday. :thumb:

·
The WASR Warrior
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i took her to the range today, as per the norm she was the star. there were two other gentlemen with AR platforms, but the Kalashnikov drew everyone's attention. There's nothing better than an AK-47, it comes with its own attitude.

the WASR is a great little rifle. I hate it for all the folks who bought in to anti-WASR propoganda a few years back. Those good people overpayed for whatever they bought in its place. Slap some new wood on it and its as good as any other AK at any price.

·
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus
1,166 Posts
i took her to the range today, as per the norm she was the star. there were two other gentlemen with AR platforms, but the Kalashnikov drew everyone's attention. There's nothing better than an AK-47, it comes with its own attitude.

the WASR is a great little rifle. I hate it for all the folks who bought in to anti-WASR propoganda a few years back. Those good people overpayed for whatever they bought in its place. Slap some new wood on it and its as good as any other AK at any price.
yep, its always a head turner and group gatherer lol especially when your iron sighting 6inch groups at 100 yards..... the mall ninjas are always like :eek:

·
The WASR Warrior
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep, its always a head turner and group gatherer lol especially when your iron sighting 6inch groups at 100 yards..... the mall ninjas are always like :eek:
i'm a pretty good shot with a Kalashnikov, so I had some "oohs and ahhhs" as the 10 or 12 folks out there gathered behind me just to watch the rifle function. A few took their chance to shoot it when I offered, others just wanted to see it fire.

My AK provides me an enjoyable shooting experience and the benefit of having admirers constantly compliment my rifle. It's a good investment for your self-esteem. :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts