Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am trying to find one of the original Chinese 100 round AK drums. I want to buy one before the elections. If you have one for sale, please send me a PM. Thanks!

"I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!"

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I still see a few 75 rounders but havent seen a 100 insome time. Too heavy unless you are shooting from a bipod all the time. I like the Chinese because of the way they load. If you have to adjust them you will need a hammer (NOT JOKING). I had some once upon a time. Most of the ones out there right now are eastern block products and snail loaders.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
they also have 75 round magazines that look reminicent of the WW1 era Chauchat magazines. really funky looking, but they are half the price of a drum.

Do drums tyically have reliability issues?

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,005 Posts
Romanian have some with the springs and rebuilding the spring settings has a limit of 3-4 times.

Chinese and Bulgarian are fine, with almost no issues. The main thing is to not dent them up. Never toss them on the ground, and use a dump pouch so they don't get dented.

Also that thin coating isn't grease. Its spray on cosmo so you need a full cleaning and oiling before use. If you don't it will trap dust and dirt inside when you have it in the field. This could cause a 'fail until cleaned' condition. Thought I better mention that. People use oil on a rag to clean them outside and never clean the inside.

Last 100 was on gunbroker about 2 mo ago for 300.00 and got snapped up in a day or so. For the RPK style rifles that are fired prone. Too heavy for a reg AK. The 75s weight the same per round as regular mags. I weighed them out.

The 100s do come up there pretty often. Bulgy 75s will always be cheaper than chinese 75s since they are no longer imported. If you own Norinco, the Chinese complete the set and two are worth what the rifle is in price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.