Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Airlines are crazy.

Our son is trying to return home. He has been away at school in Utah and is trying to return to Maine. He was scheduled to arrive last night.

His first flight was delayed due to a storm, when they finally got airborne it was too late to make the connection to Maine last night so they booked him onto a flight to Maine for this after noon. He landed in Detroit last night and waited in the terminal until this afternoon to board. Then at boarding time the gate broke down, so the airport had to shuffle planes around to get the right plane to a different gate. That delay caused the pilot to go over-time, so then they had to get a different pilot. After they got a different pilot, then the plane needed maintenance. Now they appear to have gotten airborne and should arrive tonight. He will likely arrive 24 hours later then they had scheduled him to arrive.

Everytime this kid flies, he gets nearly the same experience. One hour lay-overs become one-day lay-overs. Routinely the airlines try to stick him onto alternate flights that will take him to places with no connecting flights to his destination.

He is going from Utah to Maine, this time his only lay-over was Detroit. The last time he went from Utah to Maine he had lay-overs at both LAX and in Dallas.

It seems to me that air travel is getting crazy.

On an interesting side note he asked us a week ago if a girl from Ct could move in with him once he arrives home and gets settled. Then an hour ago a girl who lives an hour away called me to see if he was home yet, and when she could expect to hear when she will be able to move in with him.

·
Renaissance Man
7,503 Posts
Years ago, I used to fly a lot. Different countries, all over the USA. The planes were generally on time, the service was reasonable, and the trips were tolerable.

In the last few years, I've only flown a few times, and every single time the plane was late leaving, landing, whatever. A simple 2-4 hour flight consumes the entire day.

I quit flying. Between the TSA infringing my privacy and the flights getting to be nothing but planeloads of frustration, I'm just not doing it anymore.

Az

·
Get off my lawn!
4,549 Posts
In the last few years, I've only flown a few times, and every single time the plane was late leaving, landing, whatever. A simple 2-4 hour flight consumes the entire day.

I quit flying. Between the TSA infringing my privacy and the flights getting to be nothing but planeloads of frustration, I'm just not doing it anymore
Pretty much same here. I never flew "a lot" but I did travel 3-4 times a year for a few years. It is so much worse now, unless it's more than 8 hours away I drive. A 9-12 hour trip is a coin toss. If I can do it with no layovers, I may fly. Most of the time, I just find a way NOT to travel anymore.

Uhh, about this girl... I hope he didn't meet her on the Internet. :D:

·
Psalm 23:4
2,891 Posts
On an interesting side note he asked us a week ago if a girl from Ct could move in with him once he arrives home and gets settled. Then an hour ago a girl who lives an hour away called me to see if he was home yet, and when she could expect to hear when she will be able to move in with him.
If hes man enough to shak up hes man enough for his own place. That or collect rent.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, today it is a girl from Ct and a girl from Maine. 2 weeks ago there was also a girl from Cali wanting to move in with us when he got home from school.

We have two sons. The eldest can not get a girls attention even if he had $100 bills hanging from his shirt pocket. The youngest has always had girls fighting over him. I have observed 7 girls so far talking about marrying him and trying to convince him to get married.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,396 Posts
Yes, today it is a girl from Ct and a girl from Maine. 2 weeks ago there was also a girl from Cali wanting to move in with us when he got home from school.

We have two sons. The eldest can not get a girls attention even if he had $100 bills hanging from his shirt pocket. The youngest has always had girls fighting over him. I have observed 7 girls so far talking about marrying him and trying to convince him to get married.
Wait until all three girls find out about the others, the S$t is real going to Hit The Fan then. I hope he has a bug out bag and a fast car.

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
I hope you told that girl she has some balls to ask you that!!!! Even Southern hospitality only goes so far. BEWARE OF HER!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
783 Posts

They should be ringing for number one son...he's the keeper ! Silly girls !

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They should be ringing for number one son...he's the keeper ! Silly girls !
I know it makes no sense to me.

I certainly wish both of our sons the best luck in their lives.

#1 has high intelligence [he taught himself to program Linux as a teen], at 21 he bought himself an apartment building in Kansas and was doing really well but lost it in the housing crash. Now he drives trucks [Haz-mat long haul]. He never developed much social skills. He is a survivalist. He is 25 now.

#2 is low functioning and tests just 2 points above the cut-off for Mental Retardation assistance from the state. [2 points lower and he could live in a group home with full-time assistance]. On the other hand, he developed really good social skills. He gets along with everyone, like a social chameleon. He has a hard time reading, can not do math beyond addition/subtraction, if given a set of directions with 2 or more steps he gets lost. He got into Job Corp where they taught him auto diagnostics. He came home yesterday and it sounds like they may have gotten him a job in a local dealership. In high school, he experienced six different girls latching onto him and trying to convince us that they would get married. During his 2 years in Job Corp, there have been three girls that convinced themselves that they were each going to be his wife.

It makes no sense to me.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man this story rings like me and my brother.. I'm the older/smarter/educated/lonely one ....lol :D
Women only go after an educated guy with good income if he is mister money-bags, and will be their sugar daddy.

Look at Bill Gates, even after he was worth billions he still could not get girls to date him. It was an office sexual harassment law suit that got settled into marriage.

A guy who is easy to mold, who has no job and will follow her around and do anything a girl suggests. He will get loads of girls.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts