Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Indefatigable
21,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been many reported incidents lately (probably more we haven't heard about) of passengers who have been left stranded on the tarmac, in many cases, without AC, water or bathrooms - not to mention screaming kids.
Another incident happened this weekend on a Spirit Airline flight from LA to FL. The captain decided to make an emergency landing in TX to remove an 87 year old BLIND man, who he deemed a threat (?!?) to other passengers.
The plane was grounded for 19 HOURS in Houston and did not reach it's destination until more than 24 hours after it had left LA. The man who was removed was NOT charged or DETAINED. Why did it take 19 HOURS to resolve this situation? You can make bail in less time!
My actual question is a legal one - how can an airline, kidnap/indefinably detain/wrongfully imprison it's passengers? If someone who did not work for the company did this, they would call it a terrorist hijacking. What other business has the right to hold you hostage? If it was a terrorist and the passengers somehow gained the upper hand and escaped they would be called heroes. However, while on the ground, if the passengers were to leave the plane without permission from the crew they would be the criminals.
Where is the outrage? Why complain about TSA screenings when you won't stand up for your rights in a situation like this?
What would YOU do if you were in this situation?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I don't know their record,but Southwest is about the only airlines I don't have a problemo with...Appears ya pretty much leave your Rights at the doors when ya enter Airports/fly anymore...

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I guess you can't be considered a hostage when you willingly submit yourself to this type of environment.
Like the others already said, I chose not to fly.

·
Banned
480 Posts
Avoid it wile you can, they are making efforts to be everywhere. Soon you will have to submit to a pat down to poop at a rest stop.
If they try that I can gaurantee I'm gonna poop on their hand the second it comes near my ass. What are they gonna do, charge me with assault (no pun intended, really!)

Sometimes pooping is involuntary, most of especially if some idiot stops you when you've been holding it for the past 100 miles because they stopped building rest stops in the 1960's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts