1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
Awesome! So 114 other people were exposed to that fool for 3+ hours. So now 114 more people will likely get sick unless proven otherwise not to mention how many other people downstream have now been exposed all thanks to one idiot who KNEW he was sick.

What if he had to claim baggage? That is now hundreds if not thousands more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! So 114 other people were exposed to that fool for 3+ hours. So now 114 more people will likely get sick unless proven otherwise not to mention how many other people downstream have now been exposed all thanks to one idiot who KNEW he was sick.

What if he had to claim baggage? That is now hundreds if not thousands more.
Gate agent that took his ticket, TSA, flight attendants, the number of people he interacted with is obscene. It’s not my flight, but faced with being captain in this situation I’d be furious.

Plane needs to be taken out of service for cleaning.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
I flew yesterday. The TSA goons were nervous, more than usual. I did see one person (Chinese) with a mask in the airport when we landed. But no sign of any other precautions. At West Palm Beach, one agent went through my girlfriend's pocketbook which was largely makeup... and I asked the agent if that was wise with what was going on... got a blank look and crickets...

·
A marathon not a sprint
4,453 Posts
People are naturally culled by consequences in life , maybe some should be allowed to go sooner rather than later .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a captain, could you toss a guy like that out of the plane?
Yes. Technically it's "my" plane. At least according to the FAA. My usual flight attendant briefing always includes, "If you don't want them on the plane I don't want them." This usually applies to drunks as the problem only gets worse in the air. Now I have to consider, "If someone is visibly sick let's get the paramedics here to evaluate and remove them if they have a fever."

In the cockpit we usually don't see people getting on because we're getting the plane ready (especially if we're running behind). So I have to rely on the FAs to let me know what's going on in the back.

Captain's authority allows me to remove anyone. In reality the gate agent, and the company gets involved but if we disagree about removing someone it's ultimately my call.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems to be a criminal offense to KNOWINGLY spread HIV in a lot of states and can range from a felony to a misdemeanor.

There needs to be firm consequences for this level of disregard.
Right there with you. This infuriates me. So what if it was my flight? I live in Texas. So now I travel back and contaminate my family? Or worse yet, get quarantined in a Hampton Inn somewhere for 2 weeks. Flight Attendants don't make a lot of money so I've seen them power through sickness lots of times. They're also afraid of getting fired for calling in too many times. Now 3 flight attendants are "in the system" working 4 legs a day, potentially contagious.

·
That'll be the day...
3,775 Posts
Word is..... that jet was held on the tarmac for two hours and then all the passengers were unloaded and turned loose.

Ridiculous crap like this drives me nuts!

If I were one of those 200 passengers, I would be ****ed to be quarantined, but for the rest of humanity..... quarantine is the only solution.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,301 Posts
Guy gets on plane sick after getting tested. After landing (3 hour flight) gets test result and he’s positive for coronavirus. Knew he was sick beforehand and STILL got on a flight.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/passenger-jetblue-new-york-florida-coronavirus

https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-in-ny-passenger-on-jetblue-flight-from-jfk-tests-positive/
I work out of PBI and was aware of this as it was happening.

1) The person who did this is an absolute human piece of trash. Site rules prevent me from properly expressing the reality of this.

2) The 114 others were held on the ramp for hours, further ensuring their exposure.

3) All of them were released into the wild.

This is how we end up dead.

Reality:

a) 14% of C19 infected will be hospitalized.

b) 12% of C19 infected will be intubated

c) 5% of C19 infected will be in critical condition

d) Of those who recover, lung function is mildly to markedly diminished, we don't know yet if it's permanent, but we suspect so, as lungs don't recover well from alveolar damage. In much the same way as COPD never gets better over time.

e) 20% of C19 infected will never show symptoms (this is a fact, and like it or not, this is accounted for in the statistics) NOTE: anybody that claims 80% of C19 infected won't show symptoms is 100% incorrect.

f) Sudden death happens to some, even with relatively mild symptoms. Example: the brother in Italy with his young, healthy, dead sister's body in the bed. The brain stem becomes infected and the person's lungs stop working, suddenly. If you are not somewhere you can be immediately treated, you die within seconds.

Quote the death rate all you'd like, this virus is no trivial matter.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,301 Posts
As a captain, could you toss a guy like that out of the plane?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! In fact, you could refuse to fly the contaminated aircraft without risk to your job or license.

EDIT: whether you meant in flight or not, I'd be perfectly OK with pushing that human piece of trash individual out of the aft service door, at any altitude. We don't yet have a cure, and see my post above with regard to the real world risks. That single infected person will result in a minimum of 3 dead (the pax n crew) and about 20 hospitalizations, if they spread it (they will) thousands of dead.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
EDIT: whether you meant in flight or not, I'd be perfectly OK with pushing that human piece of trash individual out of the aft service door, at any altitude. We don't yet have a cure, and see my post above with regard to the real world risks. That single infected person will result in a minimum of 3 dead (the pax n crew) and about 20 hospitalizations, if they spread it (they will) thousands of dead.
LOL.......

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,834 Posts
You know he may have had the hope that he just had the flu like a lot of people here on the boards think. "It's just like the flu". So he had the test and probably didn't think anymore about it or hoped to be able to get home before the test came back positive so he wouldn't get stuck somewhere he didn't want to be for 2 weeks or longer but at least he had the decency to let the people know instead of waiting until he got home. That's the only thing I give him credit for. I would have probably been cussing him up 1 side and down the other if I had been there.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,947 Posts
I probably would have smacked him because my husband is at very high risk.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts