Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dingleberry
156 Posts
Squirrels...just MAYBE with a perfect headshot. Rabbits...I wouldn't even try it. You'll probably just wound the animal, leaving it to die slowly days later. :mad: 500 FPS is not enough power, in my opinion, for anything other than plinking and target practice, certainly not enough power for making a clean kill while hunting.
I'd look for something around 800-or higher FPS if you want to hunt with an air rifle. I've had good luck with Gamo air rifles, and I DO NOT recommend Beeman, (see my post in the 'do not buy this' thread.) I use .177 round-nose pellets for hunting/plinking. No experience with .22 pellets.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Squirrels definately.

=I DO NOT recommend Beeman, (see my post in the 'do not buy this' thread.)
I would highly recommend the Beeman R1 and the Beeman P1, as excellent airguns. Please tell us what the name of the Beeman model that you purchased. You said you thought you could trust Beeman as a brand in that DO NOT BUY thread, but appeared surprised by the model you bought at walmart; ("SUCKED", "crappy", "piece of $hit" etc).

Tell us which models you had owned prior to the purchase that pleased you and which one this interchangable one was that dismayed you. In your report of the airgun you did not once mention which Beeman airgun it was. I have not heard of a lousy Beeman gun, as Beeman is Weihrauch and Weihrauch are good and have no such crap guns in their range. Unless there are naff guns selling under the Beeman brandname US side only.

·
Registered
70 Posts
oh definatly, thats all you need, i want to say my 20ga shotshells velocity is about 2500fps or something around that and it goes slap through a squirrel, some get stuck in but yeah 500fps will do the trick, aim for its head

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.