Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's why things will only get worse. The culture of these companies isn't changing. They will continue to take risks and spend in ways that most of us can't fathom but seems perfectly reasonable to them, like spending $440k for a spa trip for its execs right after they tapped into the bailout money.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081008/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_aig

It's ****ing outrageous.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I believe you mean "rescue" money right?

They had this booked before AIG collapsed. You can't expect them to cancel just because of a little thing like the catastrophic meltdown of there's and the world's finances.

Obviously their intention was to inject some of that money back into the economy, kind of like a token of their appreciation.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you mean "rescue" money right?

They had this booked before AIG collapsed. You can't expect them to cancel just because of a little thing like the catastrophic meltdown of there's and the world's finances.

Obviously their intention was to inject some of that money back into the economy, kind of like a token of their appreciation.
LOL, I guess that's the "bright side" view.

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
These people are out of touch with real life

But Eric Dinallo, superintendent of the New York State Insurance Department, said he could see the value of such a retreat under the circumstances.
There is such a drastic difference between where I live and the way these people think.

·
Aquaholic
4,906 Posts
The expense of the "retreat" should come out of the CEO's severance package....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts