Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Padre in the woods
3,090 Posts
The jury made the right call, but there will always be the other side claiming it's not fair, or that justice was corrupt. The bottom line was that the verdict was rendered based on the evidence. And while the verdict is inconvenient to those that like to choose sides (damn the facts), it was correct.

Same with Kyle.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Everyone take comfort. Our embarrassment of a President has spoken:

President Biden said the guilty verdicts in the Ahmaud Arbery case "reflect our justice system doing its job," striking a far different tone than the somber message he issued after the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse days earlier.

"Nothing can bring Mr. Arbery back to his family and to his community, but the verdict ensures that those who committed this horrible crime will be punished," Biden said in a statement Wednesday. "While the guilty verdicts reflect our justice system doing its job, that alone is not enough. Instead, we must recommit ourselves to building a future of unity and shared strength, where no one fears violence because of the color of their skin."
Too bad he didn't say the same about the Rittenhouse verdict. The system clearly did its job there. He simply didn't like the outcome, that's all.

As for a future of unity, that is the LAST thing Democrats would ever want. They are the party of divisive politics and personal destruction. Without either they would be the perpetual minority which is where they belong.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
As for a future of unity, that is the LAST thing Democrats would ever want. They are the party of divisive politics and personal destruction. Without either they would be the perpetual minority which is where they belong.
Couldn’t you say that about the far right and too many trump supporters?

The verdict was correct. The only issue I took with it is, it took them 10 hours. Should’ve taken vote right away and handed the results back before the guard left the room.
I am actually shocked, people disagree with this verdict. Guess my first sentence is right on the money.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Couldn’t you say that about the far right and too many trump supporters?
You seem to have an issue conflating far right extremists with being Trump supporters. That is simply not the case.

In the case of the Democrats, it is not too hard to look at their policies since the 1940s. Discrimination takes many forms and they have mastered it

·
Registered
613 Posts
Being involved in the community? Perfectly fine, should be encouraged.
Seeing a suspicious person and following them? Same.
Trying to ask questions of the person? Same.

But that's not what happened here. Three men grabbed two guns, got in pick up trucks, and tried to pin Arbery and capture him. That's not fine. They're not allowed to do that, even under the then existing citizens arrest law. You can try to follow someone. You can try to ask questions. But you don't get to go and hunt down a person and pin them so they can't escape (all while holding guns) if you didn't see that person actually commit a felony right in front of you.

Look at it from Arbery's perspective. What would any rational human being think in his shoes? That these guys were just being engaged in the community? Hell no, I would think these three guys were about to lynch me.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
I felt their reaction to a preceived burglary in progress was within the spectrum of rational. The verdict is a shame.
I disagree my friend.
If i'm out riding my bicycle minding my own business and three men try to stop me screww them and i carry when i ride JACK so bad move. Everything these three scholars did from start to finish was a bad idea, seriously, three white men shooting one black man while chasing him in a pick-up truck? Dude was just out for a jog.
Frankly Their actions couldn't look more blatantly racist and even if their motives were not the shear stupidity exhibited and the loss of life means there should be hell to pay... Good Riddence.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
You seem to have an issue conflating far right extremists with being Trump supporters. That is simply not the case.
I said too many, certainly not all. But being irrational, isn’t one sided issue.

Reactions: huskersox86

·
Happy to be here!
5,113 Posts
I disagree my friend.
If i'm out riding my bicycle minding my own business and three men try to stop me screww them and i carry when i ride JACK so bad move. Everything these three scholars did from start to finish was a bad idea, seriously, three white men shooting one black man while chasing him in a pick-up truck? Dude was just out for a jog.
Frankly Their actions couldn't look more blatantly racist and even if their motives were not the shear stupidity exhibited and the loss of life means there should be hell to pay... Good Riddence.
I didn't follow the case too closely, but from what I saw he was somewhere he shouldn't have been and up to no good. The neighbors got armed and confronted him as he was running from the scene. He got shot after he attacked the neighbors trying to take the gun away. Seemed legit to me, but what do I know.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
I didn't follow the case too closely, but from what I saw he was somewhere he shouldn't have been and up to no good. The neighbors got armed and confronted him as he was running from the scene. He got shot after he attacked the neighbors trying to take the gun away. Seemed legit to me, but what do I know.
Carry many preconceived notions about others do you?

The jury, based on the evidence presented, disagrees with you. Their vote counts. Your opinion doesn't.

Reactions: huskersox86

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
With all do respect, This whole situation could have been handled just fine with a little finesse and brains but instead four family's are ruined...

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Citizens's arrest? What crime? Maybe he had a stolen toilet or a dozen 2x4s under his joggers? Please, people.
Yep that's the problem. CA needs a higher standard than the police to effect an arrest/detainment.. And the ex police guy was stuck on his old standard.

Utterly foolish actions.
From the actions themselves to talking to the police to posting that video online to the defense council effectively argueing the defendants were guilty.

That last bit is almost ineffective council.

·
"TURGID FLUX"
7,326 Posts
The videos of him inside the house construction show him doing nothing but looking around. In fact there are also videos of, gasp, lilly white people doing same thing. I cannot count how many times I have walked by a house under construction in my neighborhood and taken a peek inside when it was just framed in to see the handiwork.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
"TURGID FLUX"
7,326 Posts
snip

Utterly foolish actions.
From the actions themselves to talking to the police to posting that video online to the defense council effectively argueing the defendants were guilty.

That last bit is almost ineffective council.
I often wonder if defense attorneys act like asses so they can give the defendant a shot at an appeal, or if most lawyers are just asses. Maybe I just answered my question.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I often wonder if defense attorneys act like asses so they can give the defendant a shot at an appeal, or if most lawyers are just asses. Maybe I just answered my question.

Dunno, but this cant be good for business.
The judge's instructions shouldve been hashed out b4 the trial. That's the defense council's job too.
Can't build your case on quicksand.

I was not impressed by Rittenhouse's defense council either. No vigor. No pattern recognition in how to handle the judge. Way too permissive.
No looking out for their charge when he was on the stand.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts