Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
These situations don't always turn out differently in the states, but sometimes they do - like the two guys that tried to shoot up the cartoon competition in Texas. Was a very different outcome than the charlie hebdo shooting.

·
Deplorable
4,356 Posts

·
What would Mal do
4,992 Posts
ok..let's see..normal day...

up in the morning - put on gun
gotta run the kid to school....oops..take gun off...not allowed
ok..now back onto the highway...gun back on..
arrive at work...oops - no guns allowed in office building...take gun off
survive street bums and thugs on 3 block walk from and to parking deck..back in car..put gun back on..head home..want to stop at mall for quick shopping...oops..no guns allowed...take gun off..go shopping

pick up wife for dinner and a movie..

oops...restaurant has a bar section in it..no guns allowed..hope the parking lot is safe when we come out and notice cops all around as they investigate 2 car breakins in the parking lot.

head over to movie theater....ooops..no guns allowed...

·
Renaissance Man
7,503 Posts

survive street bums and thugs on 3 block walk from and to parking deck..back in car..put gun back on..head home..want to stop at mall for quick shopping...oops..no guns allowed...take gun off..go shopping

oops...restaurant has a bar section in it..no guns allowed..hope the parking lot is safe when we come out and notice cops all around as they investigate 2 car breakins in the parking lot.

You could consider moving. Although guns are illegal on school campuses in my state, you can still have one while picking up or dropping off if you have a license to carry it.

And none of your other scenarios are no go either. Although carrying into work violates a work policy and could get you fired. But there would be no legal action.

Az

·
I don't think....so
367 Posts
Most notable from the interview:

"Did your French gun control stop a single ******* person from dying at the Bataclan? And if anyone can answer yes, I’d like to hear it, because I don’t think so. I think the only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men that I’ve ever seen in my life charging head-first into the face of death with their firearms."

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I have to relate a true story here. A few years ago, a criminal was on the run near me, and I was on the road near some LE. Before CC was legal, we could carry a loaded pistol in vehicle as long as it was visible. I pulled in a logging trail on my entrance to my land, and a county police officer came over. I had a magnum revolver on the dash, in the open. We talked a bit, and I asked him if the gun bothered him, I would put it away. He replied that it didn't bother him at all, in fact, he said he was glad I had it with me. He stayed by my truck for a good twenty minutes waiting for other LE that were flushing out the man they were after. About an hour after I left, they caught him.

Seems in certain areas for some reason, police respect the people and their rights. Some areas, like in Maryland and other parts of the east, the attitude is that everyone is a cold-blooded killer. Most of that thinking is politically motivated.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Or you could just ignore the useless gun free signs, keep your gun concealed and go about your day armed. That's what I do. Unless I see a metal detector and people being patted down at the door I am going to be armed. I stopped giving a F long before Paris.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Where do you live? It's called concealed carry for a reason. I understand the school, but not the rest.

·
Deplorable
4,356 Posts
Or you could just ignore the useless gun free signs, keep your gun concealed and go about your day armed. That's what I do. Unless I see a metal detector and people being patted down at the door I am going to be armed. I stopped giving a F long before Paris.
Good for you, Captain Courageous. Amazingly, some law abiding folks with CCWs are averse to risking felony charges if some nosy soccer mom on school grounds sees a handgun print, then yells copper. And yes, some of us CCWs living on the free side of the PA-NY border can't legally cross over into Communist territory armed, so we don't risk losing our permits, accruing needless court costs, and possibly becoming guests of the state. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.