Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just saw a comercial for something on the history channel called After Armaggedon its on tuesday the 5th at 8:00PM. From what I saw they showed a family trying to survive after armaggedon it looks like its going to be good. I guess its is supose to show different cities and disaster types thru out history and how the people coped and survived too. Don't miss it.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=524638

·
1,598 Posts
I saw that too; and if I'm not mistaken there's something on tonight, tying into the same theme. Can anyone confirm that?
8 pm tonight is Decoding The Past: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I saw that too; and if I'm not mistaken there's something on tonight, tying into the same theme. Can anyone confirm that?
Here ya go :thumb:

08:00 PM Decoding The Past: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days
There are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday. The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012. Skeptics point to a long history of "Failed Doomsdays", but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record. As the year 2012 ticks ever closer we'll speculate if there are any reasons to believe these doomsayers.

TVPG

09:00 PM Apocalypse Island:
Does a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean hold the final clue to the Mayan's apocalyptic predictions concerning 2012? One explorer thinks he's discovered the answers that have eluded man for centuries. Jim Turner stumbled on this remote artifact over a decade ago and has spent the past ten years preparing an expedition to prove that this is the place they foretold that the gods would come to watch the final minutes of civilization as we know it.

TVPG

11:00 PM Life After People: Waters of Death
Destructive waters overtake the world we leave behind. Rain floods New Orleans again, and when power goes out in the city's aquarium, it spells doom for thousands of animals. Corrosion from rain brings down Seattle's Space Needle, while humidity in the Middle East wrecks Dubai's space-age structures.

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
On Tonight sunday january 3

On tonight now 5pm to 7pm cst On History Channel "LIFE AFTER PEOPLE".........7pm to 8pm History Channel "DOOMSDAY 2012:THE END OF DAYS".................8pm to 10pm History Channel "APOCALYPSE ISLAND"...Then everything repeats at 10pm.......

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
The Island show was a complete bust. All hype and drama. They are advertising a survivorman type show along with the family escapes show. MAYBE they will be better, but probally will say no guns except for the bad guys and Leo's.

·
Prepping = life insurance
1,458 Posts
I just saw a comercial for something on the history channel called After Armaggedon its on tuesday the 5th at 8:00PM. From what I saw they showed a family trying to survive after armaggedon it looks like its going to be good. I guess its is supose to show different cities and disaster types thru out history and how the people coped and survived too. Don't miss it.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=524638
Thanks! I saw a commercial for this show last week... thank you for reminding me :) I was just about to post about this here too. :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Y2k, 12-21-12

I'm kind of rolling my eyes at all the 2012 stuff. Remember how the people thought the SHTF at Y2K. Yes, it may happen.............I guess we'll see.

What I do believe will happen, if it is next week or next month or 2012 is near total economic collapse of our nation. That's what I'm preparing for. When the SHTF due to economic fall of the dollar. This may happen when the planets allign however, if that does happen I think I will have a lot more to worry about. Such as earthquakes, floods, fires, etc. and I don't think we can prepare to fight mother nature.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts