Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will try to keep this brief. I have been unemployed for the last few months. I have gotten behind on my credit card bills as a result. I have made "hardship" payment arrangements with one creditor, but not yet with the others, as I had no money to work with (UE benefits expired). I recently got a job making 9.25 an hour--needless to say I am NOT using my Masters degree at the moment...(b/c I am moving soon, I cannot apply for jobs that I want due to time commitment, etc.)

I am wanting to work out payment arrangements with my creditors, but I am not sure just how far my first paycheck will stretch. On top of this, the employment is temporary b/c I am moving out of the country by end of August. I am not sure what my income will be once I get to my new location b/c I wont be able to get a job until I arrive in country (due to EU visa restrictions).

My question is this; WHAT or HOW should I deal with this situation? Im worried that I will make pymt arrangements only to find myself in the same situation again once I am in the new location.

I am moving due to husbands military orders--also, I cannot use his paycheck to pay my bills b/c that money is paying two rents right now--one here and one in our new location, plus he is paying all other bills.

Any advice/suggestions on how to deal with these creditors would be apprecieated--I am not trying to shirk my responsibilities here--I used the credit cards so I feel that its my duty to pay them. I just cannot make the minimums right now. :xeye:

Daphne

·
Registered
346 Posts
Seriously, best of luck to you. No real good advice from me here. Just to work as hard and much as possible and all money goes to bills. Sorry for your situation.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Is there anything you can sell before your move to bring in cash to make some creditor payments?

What about any freelance work between now and your move date?

·
Registered
175 Posts
before the bank bailouts i would never have suggested this but if you are in the ditch for way more than you will ever be able to pay back, bankruptcy might be an option. like you i believe in paying my debts, but after all the tax payer funded bank bailouts, just look at the federal withholding line on your paystub for the next 20 years and consider that credit card payments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts