Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a good vest or molle chest to hang some mags on for shooting in the field. I have a good range bag but it is not practical for carrying in the field.

Can anyone help direct me to some good sites to find a well made piece of gear.

Also, any opinions about the best configuration for shooting would be appreciated. I will be training on use of my AR-15 with 30 round mags.

So far I like the idea of a light weight, lose fitting suspender type rig. But I am ignorant to what all is available.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I like the FLC because the Molle pouches i have allow me to set it up the way I like it and change it whenever...

·
Chains keep us together.
22,136 Posts
The FLC is a good choice

FLC

Or you could go with a LBV. Just make sure the LBV includes the belt.

LBV

I own both, but I like the fit and adjustability of the LBV the best.
I've had both these, and there are designed for wearing over IBA or a body armor. I would go with a plate carrier with MOLLE or a modular assault vest
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/mavvestbody2piece.aspx ( As an example )

A FLC And LBV are a lot more confining to me, a MAV is a lot more user friendly in how you wear it and you can shead it a lot quicker, try taking off a LBV when your laying down. A MAV is just 3 quick releases and it stays there. You can put anything on a MAV that will go on a LBV but maybe not as much, but that dosn't sound like your wanting much more than a ammo carrier.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I would like to get a good vest or molle chest to hang some mags on for shooting in the field. I have a good range bag but it is not practical for carrying in the field.

Can anyone help direct me to some good sites to find a well made piece of gear.

Also, any opinions about the best configuration for shooting would be appreciated. I will be training on use of my AR-15 with 30 round mags.

So far I like the idea of a light weight, lose fitting suspender type rig. But I am ignorant to what all is available.

Thanks in advance.
What caliber and if it's 5.56 or .223 (the same round) i have an 90's lbv i could sell for very cheap like 10.00$

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts