Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i had an idea. on my various car/vehicle forums people will post build threads to get advice and track their personal advancement and crap like that. so i figure why not make a "personal prep" thread. this will cover everything i have done and plan to do in the immediate future. feel free to give constructive criticism and suggestions! here goes nothin (dont laugh as i am new to this and very limited on funds) :)

well first things first, i plan on BUGGING IN not out. so please keep that in mind. my home is the alamo.

COMPLETED PREPS:
25 days worth of bottled drinking water/Gatorade
1 GHB/ general outting bag consisting of:
fire kit
full change of clothes
2 extra pairs of socks
small tool kit
small firstaid kit
poncho
trash bags
40ft rope
10ft rope
20ft 550 cord
5ft insulated wire (14ga i think)
4 battery mag lite
pen and paper
1 large ka-bar partially serrated

a full spare pots/pan kit
6 months soap and deoderant (probably more like 8 months if shtf)
2 pair rugged work gloves
1 pair insulated waterproof leather gloves
1 full tool kit
ruger 10/22 with archangel stock and 2 25rd mags
5,000 rounds of .22
200ft(appx) of half inch nylon/polyester braided rope
50ft of polyester webbing
6 large knifes 2 of which are fixed blades
15 pairs of white cotton socks

CURRENT PREPS:
currently building a chicken coop
currently dehydrating fruits and veggies to be canned
currently practicing tactical maneuvers with my rifle
currently constantly salvaging large logs and trees for fire wood

FUTURE PREPS:
-Stock piling 2-3 thousand tea light candles. and possibly making my own parafin/bees wax candles.
-Can atleast 8 years worth of dehydrated fruits and veggies and meat for myself (which figures out to appx 1 year for the entire household)

-Start purifying river water from the back yard and collecting rain water in large drums.

-Convince land lord/father in law to let me build and or bury multiple caches on the property with 24hrs worth of supplies in each.

-well of course....MORE AMMO

-Glock 17 in 9mm

-Keltec sub2000 in 9mm (common round within the household and same clip
as the glock)

-4 30rd clips

-10 17rd clips

I think thats about all i can think of off the top of my head! Again please be gentle with criticisms. But i will keep an open mind to all suggestions!

·
Eh kay vs eh are dood!
3,304 Posts
They aren't clips, they're magazines.
Sorry, had to get that out first.

As far as cordage, go with all paracord. Don't bother messing around with other rope, unless it's something like Amsteel Blue.
Ditch the Mag Lite, way too heavy. Get a small LED light with upwards of 140 Lumens.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree the only reason i have the mag lite is because it was a gift. When i do get a few led flashlight the mag lite will serve only during power outages and for smaking bad guys.
And what the difference between a clip and a magazine? is clip just one of those made up slang words?

·
Banned
8,959 Posts
Hello and welcome...

Seems like you have a good start there...also think about `all` toiletries....even a portable potty...I just bought one today myself....I see you have trash bags....that is good...Maybe a small battery solar charger (flash lights radios)....and or even a deep cycle 12 volt battery....with a small "inverter" thrown in and a couple of solar panels since you plan on "bugging in".....I also have a booster-pac ES 5000 12 volt power supply jump box (1500 peak amps) from pep-boys...heck...I ran my computer and small cable TV from it the other day...any way good luck and take your time prepping...

·
Eh kay vs eh are dood!
3,304 Posts
i agree the only reason i have the mag lite is because it was a gift. When i do get a few led flashlight the mag lite will serve only during power outages and for smaking bad guys.
And what the difference between a clip and a magazine? is clip just one of those made up slang words?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so today i ordered 1k feet of olive drab 550 cord from a military supplier. and my dehydration stuff has kinda gone down hill the only thing that tastes halfway nice is the granny smith apples

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today i bought 115 rolls of charmin :) only spent 30 bucks too. I also emptied my savings and invested that whole $30 into silver. two half dollars and a quarter. As soon as i get paid i will be taking some advice from lieutenant dan and buying some where between 30 and 40 dollars worth of sock from wally world

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
aaaaaaaaand for today:

6 boxes of 250 strike on box matches. i will be dipping them in wax at some point.
20 pairs of tall white socks
$42.65 worth of silver
a scale for weighing said silver
a bad ass flashlight (8 magnified leds runs on 3 AAA's and is super light) only 5 bucks
a durable 3 torch butane lighter
and 200 8" zip ties

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i saw on survival blog that there is a guy that swears by his 10/22, 357 mag, and 12ga combo. would yall agree with that? cause i already got the 10/22 and 12ga covered. would you agree that a 357mag fits in just right along with them? and also auto or revolver? done a fair bit of research with no reliable feedback

1 - 12 of 12 Posts