Survivalist Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
34,308 Posts
Not sure that one will age well.:D:
It did.

"Riots" just climbed in the window! :D:

My reports from gun shows in several states report a fall off a cliff (relatively speaking) since the $600/ week welfare stopped though.
(Prices still up, but both traffic and buyers down, so there's deals to be had from distressed sellers) buddies in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Missouri report much lower sales (still buyers at high prices however) , and many more buys last weekend and this. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Not sure that one will age well.
It did.

"Riots" just climbed in the window!

My reports from gun shows in several states report a fall off a cliff (relatively speaking) since the $600/ week welfare stopped though.
(Prices still up, but both traffic and buyers down, so there's deals to be had from distressed sellers) buddies in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Missouri report much lower sales (still buyers at high prices however) , and many more buys last weekend and this. YMMV.
Traffic and buyers tend to go down when inventory is low. That may not be the only reason BUT you can’t sell guns you don’t have.

My guess is this stays bad until the election. If Biden and klamydia win , it will stay bad longer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thanks y'all for the recent input. For whatever reason I wasn't getting thread notifications. Anyway, I still haven't decided on a setup yet. Parts are scarce and super inflated. I may wait until January if the world doesn't end in November.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have no issues with PSA. My cheapest build is on a PSA lower (on sale for $209) with a Davidson Defense upper kit, unassembled (saves $20), for $239. The kit does not include a BCG but I found one of those at 3CR for $80. The rifle is a 16", 1/8 twist MP, with a mid-length gas system. It came with a Mlok handguard and flash can. I put RPOS polymer MBUS for $17. The only issues I had with the build was I was initially sent a carbine length gas tube and the forward assist retaining pin was rolled to small. The distributor replaced the gas tube and a nail allowed me to fix the pin issue (opened it up).

While this was an attempt at building a truly"cheap" rifle it turned out nice. It looks good and shoots even better. The sights seem okay and have plenty of spring when I flip them up. The zeroed quickly as well with out issue and don't move from their mounted position. I dialed it in at 50/200 and after zero went on to make one ragged hole with the 50+ rounds I had left. After putting on a gifted Sight Mark reflex sight , on my next range trip the rifle performed flawlessly again. The sights were still good/on, no issues with cycling and I was able to get in some rapid fire and rapid mag changes. Is this my go to rifle, ...no. I have one with way more history but so far (2 range trips and about 150 rounds) it seems like I wouldn't be at a loss if this was all that I had.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts