Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not bad for an old guy and a wasr10
I do believe a woman can handle an AK just fine.
And my all time favorite.
hehehe

·
Registered
460 Posts
What the heck is wrong with you people?? How many times do we have to go through this? We have like 5 AR vs. AK threads already add your "expertise" to one of those instead of creating more spam!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What the heck is wrong with you people?? How many times do we have to go through this? We have like 5 AR vs. AK threads already add your "expertise" to one of those instead of creating more spam!
That one was filled up with pages of SPAM like this post I quoted

·
Registered
39 Posts
What an angry little child. Multiple threads happen and will always happen, the best thing to do is grow up and get over it. What is the point of being so mad on something you cant control.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
The dramatic music is funny.

I wonder how many out-takes/edits this had before he got enough good mag changes to show them without flubbing it?

AK mag changes are not all that easy compared to an AR.
I will admit that Tapco 30 round mags do get stuck wrong sometimes, but better mags reload better. Just practice rockin' that baby in.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Bench shooting has never impressed me, who cares what can be done sitting down off a rest or sandbag under ideal conditions shooting at paper which doesn't move or shoot back which is just mental masturbation.

Any real comparisons of accuracy that matter are under combat stress conditions in uncomfortable positions and involve putting holes in people and making them bleed out before they do it to you, which is more on the ability of the shooter than the tool itself.

The AK has decent accuracy and a heavier punch than the AR, the AR has better sights.

Make sure you are shooting the rifle that works best for you.

Reactions: TinmanIA

·
Rotties Rule
195 Posts
You need to learn to relax sport. You're going to have ulcers before you are old enough to legally drink!

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Thus the argument begins again...

There is no argument, both are tools like a hammer or screwdriver.

Select the appropriate tool for the task, you'd look really stupid trying to screw in a nail.

Both rifles will kill you dead, it's the skill of the shooter that sets them apart.

·
Banned
9,794 Posts
The dramatic music is funny.

I wonder how many out-takes/edits this had before he got enough good mag changes to show them without flubbing it?

AK mag changes are not all that easy compared to an AR.
I laughed my butt off watching this, but this fella is pretty quik on them mag changes. As far as being more difficult to change mags goes......practice makes perfect. I use my AK a helluva lot more than the AR, and I am much faster swapping mags on the AK. I'm just more used to it.

I do think folks should practice mag swaps. Its pretty important to get your weapon hot in a hurry, however I do advise against posting a video on the internet of you doing it. Nothing screams mall ninja more than something like this. Then again, it could be a Navy seal in his own living room doing the same damn thing, and he would likely look just as retarded. Yeah, its training, but man......I'm still laughing....:D:

Reactions: TinmanIA

·
Banned
9,794 Posts
As to the original topic......AR's are generally more accurate. Yeah, you can make an AK more accurate, but why the hell bother? If you need a semi-automatic tack driver there are plenty out there including the AR.

The AK was designed, and intended to be used at relatively close range. Within 100 yards damn near any AK will put lead on a man sized target with ease. Use the tool that fits the purpose.

Reactions: *Paladin*

·
Demon of the Midwest
4,978 Posts
In my opinion the AK wins on having better sights. I hate peep sights, if I try to use them I get minute of I scared him at 200 yards, with notch and blade style on the AK I have hit out to 475 yards. I was standing on that day, I have fired from a bench that far as well, but at 300 and 400 yards, are you really going to stand and fire at an enemy, or go prone, aim and fire. Accuracy as its being told here is mechanical capability of the weapon, not so much the shooters capability of returning fire at a distant attacker, or attackers wile ****ing down his leg, and running like a little bitch...

The AK and AR were both designed to sling lead with in 300 yards or so, and thats WTF they do, how well they do that depends on the user, not the platform. I have seen both AKs and ARs that mechanically couldn't hit a white wale on a black background, and I have seen some that could make a jagged hole. I have seen weapons able to fire sub moa put in the hands of someone who cant hit squat and be lucky to have 4 out of 30 on target.

I can reload my AK faster than an AR, because I have used and trained with the AK for over ten years now. I wont be doing the reloads like in the video wile in the middle of a field in a fire fight. I will be running for cover, wile having a tactical bowel release to engage the enemy, or reload my weapon.

There do seem to be spurts where there are 20 AK vs AR threads all at once. After a bit of the old back and forth we once again end up mostly agreeing, I'm good with mine, your good with yours, and its quiet for a month or two. and then we have to go at it again, its like PMS for gun owners. Embrace it, enjoy it as best you can, and then move on.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
I prefer dialing the M4 in at minute of durka :thumb:

But I have trained my whole adult life with the platform, I have received training with the AK as well but not as extensive.

·
DILLIGAF
1,241 Posts
my list of ar/ak pros and cons

AK:
(pros)
reliable clean
reliable dirty
simple
obvious sound (7.62)
potential to become more compact
disigned for illiterate conscripts
cheap
(cons)
obvious sound
obvious shape
crudely designed
rear sight
no bolt catch
anyone can use it

AR:
(pros)
reliable clean (if using virgin blood from a unicorn)
accurate
potential mag size
versitale
forward assist
(cons)
black rifle-o-death
too light for club should you get dust in it
requires B.A in molecular engineering to disassemble
"poops where eats" gas system
H&K make a version.

DISCLAIMER: the above was meant in a humorous manner. any butthurtery due to the above statements is your fault for being too sensative. quit being a liberal and man up, beyotch. if you should find yourself becoming butthurt over the preceeding lists, in the words of my old medics arm tattoo.

"DILLIGAF"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts