Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Awesome
17,223 Posts
Yeah, bold words from the ATF when the NFA itself cannot even stand up to previous rulings and opinions by the supreme court. Too bad we don't have any large, well funded gun rights advocate groups to challenge such a thing. I'm surprised that being in possession of a picture of them doesn't get you charged with something at this point.

·
What hell, pay attention
8,303 Posts
Too bad we don't have any large, well funded gun rights advocate groups to challenge such a thing.
Those groups need all the drama to keep you sending your money to them. Those fancy offices and suits cost a lot of money. Theres no way they are actually going to do anything to kill the cash cow. They just dance around it and tell you they are doing something. By the way, send more money.

·
1,100 Posts
Below is a registered machine gun.
The Incredible Lightning Link

View attachment 373297
Perhaps it is not the smallest because ATF once said a piece string could be a machine gun.
a string can be used but that's not for discussion here. However a string would be illegal since you cannot permanently tag it with a serial number. They do have a good reason for it imo. If you are caught with one in there without the proper paperwork and serial then you are a complete idiot who has absolutely no reason to own the gun it goes in. I hate it too but it ruins the laws for the rest of us when people are dumb enough to do it and even more dumb when they are careless enough to get caught.

·
Awesome
17,223 Posts
Those groups need all the drama to keep you sending your money to them. Those fancy offices and suits cost a lot of money. Theres no way they are actually going to do anything to kill the cash cow. They just dance around it and tell you they are doing something. By the way, send more money.
Which is exactly why I do not donate to them.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which is exactly why I do not donate to them.
I live in Florida where the concealed carry bill was put through the state legislature by local NRA leader Marion Hammer that is also a past president of the NRA. so that alone is worth a lot to me. I certainly do not care for uncle wayne at all. I do send money now and their directly to their lobbying group. At the moment there is nothing to take their place. They set the standards for many disciplines and matches, have safety training, and still have a lot of clot politically. Most of the other groups are strictly lobbying groups. I use guns recreationally and so for that the NRA does have value.

15,564 Posts
MOD WARNING

We will have NO discussion about making or using these on the Forum.

OP is allowed because the linked video is historical information.
Despite the fact the some of us have legally used these things? I understand the board rules and don't wish to be contrary, but shooting a legal full auto is still legally permissible.

·
Super Moderator wearing a Cape
4,074 Posts
He is referencing rules 8 & 9

8. Do NOT discuss, post, or even bring up conversions to make firearms full auto. Those topics will be locked, edited and or deleted and you will be banned from this forum

9. Discussion of how to modify of any firearm or rifle that would make that firearm or rifle in violation of any USA law, in any state or discussions on how to make improvised explosives of any type are prohibited. Think of it like this, if you can’t walk into your local law enforcement offices and show them how to do it without being arrested, you should not be posting how to do it here.
We just want to avoid putting another target on our backs by the alphabet soup.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you have one of the few thousand registered Lightening links, please feel free to post pictures, talk about its performance, and answer all the questions you want to.

DO NOT EXPLAIN HOW TO MAKE THEM, OR PURCHASE THEM THAT IN ANY WAY TO CIRCUMVENTS CURRENT LAWS.
I like the way you are handling this. While I have been here a long time, I only posted and read on the homesteading forum. I quit the the local gulf coast gun forum for AL and FL after they prohibited any mention Biden attacking the 2nd amendment. Only two of us left that forum so the owner called it right I guess. I still check my messages and it was a good site to buy things locally.

·
Awesome
17,223 Posts
What I am wondering is where the ATF suddenly got the authority to declare such a small piece of metal a firearm. It cannot shoot any kind of ammunition, nothing in the '34 NFA says it's an automatic rifle. So where does that come from? How did that come to be? And what's stopping them from declaring other single bits of metal that could theoretically be used in an automatic, like a barrel for example, also a machine gun? Not that machine gun restrictions aren't illegal as per the '39 Supreme Court opinion on US vs Miller, but where does it end?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I am wondering is where the ATF suddenly got the authority to declare such a small piece of metal a firearm. It cannot shoot any kind of ammunition, nothing in the '34 NFA says it's an automatic rifle. So where does that come from? How did that come to be? And what's stopping them from declaring other single bits of metal that could theoretically be used in an automatic, like a barrel for example, also a machine gun? Not that machine gun restrictions aren't illegal as per the '39 Supreme Court opinion on US vs Miller, but where does it end?
I agree. I would have to see it installed in a firearm to say it was illegal. But for years the ATF was not challenged when they made these decisions. They already can declare a welded up receiver as a machinegun. If someone for example has an AK with the third pin hole and they weld up that pin hole, the ATF declares that receiver a machine gun. Once it has status of a machine gun, as long as it is still intact even if not attached to a barrel, it is contraband.

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
I agree. I would have to see it installed in a firearm to say it was illegal. But for years the ATF was not challenged when they made these decisions. They already can declare a welded up receiver as a machinegun. If someone for example has an AK with the third pin hole and they weld up that pin hole, the ATF declares that receiver a machine gun. Once it has status of a machine gun, as long as it is still intact even if not attached to a barrel, it is contraband.
Bolded Italics are mine. That sums it up in a nutshell. They were never challenged because the SCUSA would not have sided with us.

·
Awesome
17,223 Posts
Not just that, but declaring 5.45 a pistol round just so they could apply a rule against armor piercing ammo on it to restrict 7n6 even though 7n6's core is mild steel and rarely even separates from the rest of the cartridge providing no ballistic advantage.

Or also declaring a pistol a rifle if you put a stock on it, but at that point it's always a pistol even if it's impossible to use one handed? Most these definitions don't even make sense or hold up to any kind of logic. Yet, for some reason they still exist. My theory on that is pure laziness on behalf of gun owners to press them on this, and allowing the NRA to establish itself as some kind of authority on gun rights spreading the mentality "if the NRA doesn't challenge it, it must not be in the interest of gun owners." And still, these things are not going to be challenged.

·
Awesome
17,223 Posts
Bolded Italics are mine. That sums it up in a nutshell. They were never challenged because the SCUSA would not have sided with us.
You know the NRA used that exact argument to oppose DC vs Heller, which single handedly overturned bans on handgun ownership and concealed carry across the country. Had the NRA gotten it's way then, you'd be without many of the victories we've had then, and since. The Supreme Court has already sided with us on the matter in 1939 when the court rules restrictions in the 34 Gun Control Act were only valid because none of the restricted features were in common use with the military. The fact that they are today, by that same ruling it means that SCOTUS has already sided with us on the matter of full auto.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts