Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nerd
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of you don't want to give a location, and im not gonna iether..but I'd like to know...whats at your BoL or BiL? What makes you self-sufficient? Why did you pick that location? I imagine theres already a post like this...if someone wants to point me towards it thats cool.

My bug-in location: My house! I live about 100mi from any major city, although only about 20mi from one of the longest runwayed airports in US (Moses Lake, WA), so I have to be a lil bit careful, but I figure I can bug-in for a long time, since my BoL is only about 80mi away. I have my own well and have a generator I can hook up to the pump, and alot of fuel for that generator. I have a wood stove and alot of wood for it. My few neighbors are like minded and one owns a steer and horse training ranch, and also have about the same setup as I do. I have hundreds of pounds of beans, alot of rice, canned goods and such, and also I have about 200 cans of Ensure, which gets re-upped every year or so...I never really got any of that stuff purposely for bugging in, but now that I look at it im set up pretty good.

My Bug-out location: A plot of land in a river valley nearby. There is one main way in and out of this location..you can get in and out by 4x4 roads if you really want to also. The plot of land has a trailer on it(not mine, heh, but they let me use it for camping and they are NOT the but-out type of folk) for a hunting cabin, that is well insulated and has a LARGE buried propane reserve for heating and cooking. This location also has an electric/or pump well or you can just get water from river 30 ft away... guess I should probably take a generator up there, but I have a gen in 36' motorhome which I would use as a bug-out vehicle.

So what you guys got goin on?

·
Banned
653 Posts
Staying at home, have a well, 40,000 gallons in the pool, lake nearby for fishing, have a few acres adjoining me for farming, can hunt deer right across the street and its defendable.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
My family calls it the camp - its a plot of land that has been in the family for 60 years. Its at the end of a dirt road, borders hunting lease property, has a creek running along the property line, @24 - 30 acres, 3 bed room 2 bath fully furnished single wide trailer house.

About 15 - 20 acres is cleared for farming, the other 5 - 10 acres is full of oaks with deer all around.

Railroad tracks are about 1/4 from the camp, so there is a good supply of old rail road spikes for making iron tools.

Old water well with a drop down bucket.

............................ other details I dont wish to go into.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, I'm jealous. I have to go about 30 miles to get out the city to a my BOL. It's a state forest close to a river basin that is a good provider of shelter, water and various food sources.

However, this is only a secondary BOL, since my primary BOL is out of state.

Now I just need to work on stocking this location w/ supplies.

·
DONT TREAD ON ME
153 Posts
My BOL is about 60 miles away and in a National Forest. I would like to have some land that I actually own flat out someday that I can use for a BOL. I chose my BOL because it is far away from any major city or any airports. I would only use my BOL for a nuclear attack type situation, I can't really think of any other reason why I would have to BO (unless someone else has other reasons in mind). In most situations ie: civil unrest, depression, collapse of gubmint, etc. I would shelter in place at my house. I have a good sized fenced (6') backyard with two storage sheds. In my large shed I am going to build a below ground storage area for more water, fuel, and food storage with a trap door type hatch. There are near by forested areas where I can hunt small game and gather wood for fire. I have not thought of looking for a water supply yet, got to put that on my to do list.

·
Home...where the horse is
186 Posts
Bug in is here at home. We have a freshwater creek about 200 yards away. We're 50 miles from metro St. Louis. Plenty of supplies on hand here. Generator, deep freeze, extra fuel.

Bug out is at the State Park, on horseback, living out of our LQ trailer at our friend's place nearby, but if anarchy is rampant, we have a total of 10 horses we'll pack out on between two familes. 11,000 acres of woods, creeks, river and hiding places. Defensible high ground with escape routes known to few except horsemen, and very few of those. Lots of game. Pretty sure the Park Ranger will have more important things on his mind besides trying to chase us around.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
I have three BIL's and countless BOL's. Gotta love low populated areas!

Until I can’t pay for rent and power which is about 400/month, I’m staying put. After that I’ll go to my fiancé’s parents, there in town and are a little better prepared than I am for bugging in. Then, if it gets too bad in the city I'll go to my parents, they live about 15 miles outside of town and have land to hide out on and garden/hunt on. If it’s REALLY bad I’ll go with my fiancé and her parents to her grandparents, they lived through the depression so they know hard times. It’s about 40 miles away and I’ll have to leave my family with the possibility of no communication, but sacrifice is survival. If there are problems there, I’m going under...that place is secret but I've stayed there for a week in the middle of winter and summer, had no problems. Biggest problem is figuring out what to do with my parents, they have 6 other adopted kids! I'll probably just have to let them fend for themselves, unfortunate but that’s life...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts