Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, my name is Kyle. I recently turned 30 years old earlier this month. I also lost my job this same month. Much reflection during my idleness has led me to the idea of being self-sustaining. To much of society has been condition to go to the supermarket for their food. Not realizing that if government, or the banks fail. There will be no money to buy at these stores. So many people don't know how to kill, clean, and cook food fresh from the earth...

This is supposed to be an introduction, sorry. I'm an avid writer, I love writing songs, poems, short stories, and right now I'm trying for a novel. I also love to read. My favorite type of books are fantasy and sci-fi. Religiously I'm a Pagan of the Wiccan tradition. In my quest to be self-sustaining I have learned how to make my own candles (something I really enjoy now). I have even learned how to collect, clean, and save hamburger grease and make tallow candles from those. I am recently learning how to skin and field dress rabbits, and how to save their fur to make clothes with.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my introduction.

Kyle G.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community. You will find a lot of different people involved in survivalism or Preparedness whichever you wish to call it. You will also find people of different faiths or lack there of. You will find people you agree with and those you don't. The main thing is to find the good people who are willing to help. there are a lot of those on these posts. Keep on posting and checkin daily if you can. Seek out and friends and be a friend.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Welcome aboard from Fort Myers...

I occasionally butcher rabbits. If you want the skins to work on let me know; OBTW the way I skin them you'll be getting ragged 1/2 skins instead of intact "pretty" skins. The tanning process should be the same though if that's what you want to work on...

Allan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts