Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st sign of blight, I had to pull out 3 plants and sprayed an organic fugicide on the healthy ones. luckily I have tomatos in 4 separate locations and only one of the 3 got hit! Unfortunatly that only leaves my 3 yellow tomato plants 1 cherry sized and 2 regular :(
Do you think I should prune or not prune the healthy ones left? I know any breakage of the "skin" makes a plant more sensitive to spread. do you think its safe to plant more cucumbers in the empty space?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I hope you have better luck with the fungicide then I did. I found blight early on my tomatoes and it is really done a number on my plants. I have 55 plants and pretty much all of them have some blight. I have dug up about 10 plants in total and supplementing my canning efforts with tomatoes from a local farmer.

I would go ahead and put cucumbers in the spot where the tomoates were. I replanted beans where the tomatoes had been. I don't know a lot about blight but I wouldn't put other nightshades there.

GL to you. This blight is enough that next year we are going with raised beds with some sort of barrier between the plant and the soil.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tomatoes left are doing fine. But my potatoes seem to have it but they have already flowered and are on their way out anyway. So I dug the ones in that area up and got 10 lbs of creamer potatoes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts