Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,664 Posts
I'd be thrilled over a sale on rechargeables but batteries that get used once and thrown away just doesn't fit my mindset. There's no way to store (or afford!) a true long term supply of them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alkaline batteries CAN be recharged 20-30 times. In fact, here's a super deal on an Alkaline specific recharger -Expires 12/01/10. (Note: Never use a NiCad recharger on Alkaline batteries. The current is too high and the shut off sensor won't function.)

http://www.easystreetdeals.com/

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,664 Posts
Alkaline batteries CAN be recharged 20-30 times. In fact, here's a super deal on an Alkaline specific recharger -Expires 12/01/10. (Note: Never use a NiCad recharger on Alkaline batteries. The current is too high and the shut off sensor won't function.)

http://www.easystreetdeals.com/
Thanks for the link. I always thought they took very little charge though. I still can't see them over the 1,000 charges for the rechargeables, but that's a great way to get more uses out of them for sure!

·
Registered
270 Posts
get litheium...lasts for years...although rechargeables would be ideal...if u don't have a power supply you're s o l.....besides the only thing I need batteries for is flashlights a radio and my wepon sights, ie eotech...and even then, u could get away without any of them....so id figure 30 or so AA bateries would last me quite a while if used spareingly...i"m thinking 4 or more years...

·
What would Mal do
4,654 Posts
yep...always appreciate links to deals..

batteries around our house:

Wii controllers
flashlights
cameras

not much else really.

I keep spares in my BOB..enough for 4 change-outs for the gear I'd be carrying with me..so other than getting the occasional packs at the store and cycling through them...we don't stock a large supply...my little streamlite runs all month long under daily use on a pair..couldn't be happier...bedside light hardly sees use and my surefire (battery vampire!!) uses those darn 3 volts..so I keep a baggy full of em on hand.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
I'd be thrilled over a sale on rechargeables but batteries that get used once and thrown away just doesn't fit my mindset. There's no way to store (or afford!) a true long term supply of them.
Solar chargers are inexpensive and portable.
I am sure you heard of Eneloops already. But if not(or anyone else didn't know), they low discharge rechargable batteries. In otherwords, charge them once and it will still work with (theoretical) 70% charge even after 3 years of storage. Charge lasts a long time I can tell you. I keep these in my preps and BOB and just charge them up as I would normally rotate batts. I keep a few duracells just in case though. Good for charge and store though. With a portable charger or solar charger, this is my option of choice.

Costly but costco is the cheapest I have seen if you have a membership.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

45$ for 16 AAA

·
Not Totally Clueless
591 Posts
This month I am going to Staples - 20 pack for $12.99 (Duracell) they give me $12.99 in Staples rewards....I always need things for my business so I use the rewards to pick those up

·
Almost home
589 Posts
Our local walmart has been carrying 50 packs (10x5 packs) of the AA and AAA Rayovac alkalines - USA made, around $15.00. They seem to be pretty good batteries = Duracell Pro that I get in bulk.

These have been the lowest cost, decent batteries I've found.

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
Oh, another battery thread. Goody. I like. Batteries are good. Batteries store energy.

A Tommyknocker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts