Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spent some time living on the streets to see if my gun of choice for urban survival would really prove itself and it did. Before I grabbed a few items and threw them in my pack I set out with my new Marksman 2004 pistol. The manufacturer claims it fires a .177 Caliber at 410fps and I would say they are right on compared to my other guns of that type. Not only does it look like the real thing if ever you had to make a hard bluff to get out of a dangerous situation (which I never was in nor do I think someone with some common since will be in)
The hard bluff being only that of grave circumstance knowing you are about to die unless you do something drastic to get away.
I was able to shoot pigeons and practicaly any game I would encounter if I needed the food. I was able to carr plenty of rounds in my pocket or pack, no need for a silencer, and with respect to the law it is not a controlled firearm. Anyhow to those of you looking into urban survival techniques and equipment, this is a must have far beyond that of even a real handgun.
A BB gun is again a silent and deadly device that can get you food and keep you safe from most street vagabonds.

Have a great day surviving in your city. Dont forget to take some time off and spend it on the streets for a couple of days to refine so techniques before you are put to the test.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
Look at weight vs abilities. Would a good pellet pistol work as well? It's still air driven, packs a little more punch and might still fall under the same rules as a BB gun?

My .02

Roger
AKA SgtBooker44

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
People, stop arguing or i'll turn this damn car around.

Centerfire for big game and "baddies"
Rimfire for game.
Pellet guns for game.

Pelletguns are ultimately useful, besides, i've shot plenty of squirrel/bird/rabbit with my old, crappy crosman airgun. Get an airgun or two to add to your other weapons, i'd like to be stuck with a pellet gun if i was out of ammo rather then not having anything to hunt with.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Anyhow to those of you looking into urban survival techniques and equipment, this is a must have far beyond that of even a real handgun.
No, it's not.

An air rifle is nice for small game and pests. But it does not replace a defensive handgun in any way.

Dont EVER bluff with an air gun, you'll get shot and teh one shooting you has every right to think you had the real thing.

FerFAL

·
Registered
118 Posts
No, it's not.

An air rifle is nice for small game and pests. But it does not replace a defensive handgun in any way.

Dont EVER bluff with an air gun, you'll get shot and teh one shooting you has every right to think you had the real thing.

FerFAL

+1 On that FerFal! There are many case's of people being shot by police b/c of waving air guns like they were real. I have 2 .177's and really enjoy them. A Beeman Air Pistol and a Gamo Rifle. They are for fun, and maybe small game or pests at best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Raylen,

If I had to guess, I'd say you must not be old enough to purchase a firearm. A lot of communities have ordinances against discharging air-guns. Reitterating the comment by HippieSurvivalist, killing birds for any reason outside of lawful sporting activity or other sanctioned purpose is a punishable offense in most any community.

You wrote:
if ever you had to make a hard bluff to get out of a dangerous situation
A sincere word of advice to you (coming from a law enforcement officer)... Leave the air-pistols and air-rifles at home. Otherwise, you are likely to get yourself into trouble. Especially, if someone sees you displaying such an item in public. I have personally participated in a number of felony stops, involving the folly of juveniles and young adults who were observed in public by citizens that thought they were carrying "real guns". Ever heard of the phrase "one false move"? I assure that one false move during such an enncounter with law enforcment could get you dead - very fast!

Just my two cents... No disrespect intended.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Raylen,

If I had to guess, I'd say you must not be old enough to purchase a firearm. A lot of communities have ordinances against discharging air-guns. Reitterating the comment by HippieSurvivalist, killing birds for any reason outside of lawful sporting activity or other sanctioned purpose is a punishable offense in most any community.

You wrote:
if ever you had to make a hard bluff to get out of a dangerous situation
A sincere word of advice to you (coming from a law enforcement officer)... Leave the air-pistols and air-rifles at home. Otherwise, you are likely to get yourself into trouble. Especially, if someone sees you displaying such an item in public. I have personally participated in a number of felony stops, involving the folly of juveniles and young adults who were observed in public by citizens that thought they were carrying "real guns". Ever heard of the phrase "one false move"? I assure that one false move during such an enncounter with law enforcment could get you dead - very fast!

Just my two cents... No disrespect intended. :thumb:

·
Zomby Woof
14,246 Posts
Don't kill it unless it is a threat or tastes good.
Where I live there is continuos open season on sparrows...sparrows?
You would burn more calories getting it ready to eat than it would provide. Maybe we could get rich on this as the latest diet craze!

..."I've eaten 47 sparrows this week...and I lost 6 pounds!!! Thanks Sparrow Death Diet!"

·
Registered
84 Posts
So you had to 'live on the streets' for 3 days and two nights to see if your air gun would kill a bird??? Can't you do that in your back yard?

I'll echo the other sensible posters...you pull that thing out and you are going to get yourself killed by real people with real guns. It may look like a big gun but it doesn't take a genius to tell the difference between a .177 barrel and a .45 barrel.

Do your parents know you are sporting around town with that thing???

1 - 20 of 114 Posts