Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
OK.......I am curious about your post. I request (please) that you post "any" compelling evidence, to support your assertion.
Speaking from personal experience. Bears that predominantly consume fish are typically not good to eat. The exception. Is early spring before they start fattening up.

I've even taken deer that were not good due to poor diet. It's all about what the critter has been eating.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IQFnoECDwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2AOGOzMwEiLoiLh7AuKI7k

from the article.

you read hunting forums from Alaska where grizzlies are regularly hunted, it seems every other respondent says coastal brown bears (grizzlies inhabiting the state’s coastal regions) smell and taste so foul that they’re inedible, or that they taste as good or better than black bears. Most agree, however, that grizzlies in Alaska’s interior taste much like black bears.

So opinions do vary. Me personally? I won't touch a fishing bear. Not worth killing it.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Good points about older boars being problematic and all. I get that some critters just gotta go, happens all the time in Africa with male elephants and rhinos in particular.

If that was the case with the bear then it is what it is. What I said about fishing bears I'll stand by though. I've hunted all my life, and all over the world in fact. I have no problem with hunting but do take some issue with trophy hunting unless there's a justification to taking the animal for conservation purposes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts