Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Born to prep
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the thrift store that I haunt and found enough soap making supplies to start making soap postSHTF. There is $170.49 including tax worth of stuff and I paid $59.06 for everything.

The problem is I can not keep it I am sending to my liberal DS in FL. DS is one of crafty kinds of people and see is molding soap and selling it or at least trying to. I like thrift stores you never know what one can find in one.

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
I, too, love thrift stores and garage sales. Thanks Paw, for the heads up. I will see what I can find. I make soap and this would be great.

·
Born to prep
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I, too, love thrift stores and garage sales. Thanks Paw, for the heads up. I will see what I can find. I make soap and this would be great.
was it worth the $59.06? Why cant you remold all of those little hotel soaps? I have bought shoe boxes of them for $3.00.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
was it worth the $59.06? Why cant you remold all of those little hotel soaps? I have bought shoe boxes of them for $3.00.
I do not know about commercial soap as they take all the glycerine out of em but you can remill soap

·
Born to prep
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got more

Just got another $68.29 in soap making supplies for $19.80 at the thrift store, so that is a little less then 30 cents on the dollar.

That brings it up to a grand total of $238.78 in product for $78.86.

In this load I got
4# clear olive oil soap
2# clear glycerin soap
1 orange slice soap kit with
1# clear glycerin soap, a small round tube mold, a large round tube mold, citrus fantasy fragrance oil, white and orange liquid colorant and a cloth bag with a orange ribbon.

1 watermelon slice kit with
1# clear glycerin soap, a small round tube mold, a large round tube mold, watermelon fragrance oil, white green and red liquid colorant and a cloth bag with a green ribbon.

A soap mold with 3 frogs and 3 turtles

Attachments

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Glad you are happy with your purchase. The deals a person can find at thrift stores, flea mkts, and yard sales are simply amazing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts