Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is another indication, of the soon coming crash:

I received this list of store closings, from a friend......
--------------------------------------------------
If you plan on giving Gift cards this holiday season, please note…

Stores that informed the Security Exchange of closing plans between
October 2008 and January 2009.

Circuit City - most recent 13 stores (maybe more)

Ann Taylor- 117 stores nationwide are to be closed

Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug ,and Catherine's to close 150 stores nationwide

Eddie Bauer to close stores 27 stores and more after January

Cache will close all stores

Talbots closing down all stores

J. Jill closing all stores

GAP closing 85 stores

Footlocker closing 140 stores more to close after January

Wickes Furniture closing down

Levitz closing down remaining stores

Bombay closing remaining stores

Zales closing down 82 stores and 105 after January.

Whitehall closing all stores

Piercing Pagoda closing all stores

Disney closing 98 stores and will close more after January.

Home Depot closing 15 stores 1 in NJ (New Brunswick)

Macys to close 9 stores after January

Linens and Things closing all stores

Movie Galley Closing all stores

Pacific Sunware closing stores

Pep Boys Closing 33 stores

Sprint/ Nextel closing 133 stores

JC Penney closing a number of stores after January

Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores.

Wilson Leather closing down all stores

Sharper Image closing down all stores

K B Toys closing 356 stores

Loews to close down some stores

Dillard's to close some stores
--------------------------------------------------

A lot of people, are going to be out of work.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I read that Chase Bank is laying off too.

Also, a University in Dallas is going to be more lenient toward tutition. Next semester, they are giving the students all semester to come up with the tuition money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So many people are out in the cold already,401,homes lost jobs gone.Watch the stores move the items to the front of the shelves so it looks fully stocked.

·
Vote 3rd party!
900 Posts
Just saw a Milwaukee, Wi Yellow Pages - guess what the "center-fold" was?
Bankruptcy law firm

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard a rumor that the US Post office, was going to be having big lay-offs, so today I asked the man at my local post office, and he said that it was true.
He said.....
“Every Postal worker with less than 5 years seniority, will be targeted.”

·
BM2 Hollywood
667 Posts
mervins a 140 year old co, is going away after Dec. I too also heard about the post office about having lay-offs in the future.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is true that the post offices are about to have big lay off's. My brother in law has been working for the post office for over 22 years. They offered early retirement, he is taking it on Dec. 31 2008. He said the boss over the post office said that the post office's are going to have to lay off 70,000 workers.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Let's not forget that the brick and mortar retail "sector" has been on the skids a long time. Think of how you buy off of the internet, and often durectly from manufacturers? The downturn is only accellerating something that's been going on a long time.

My prediction: Hardware stores & big box home centers will do well. People can put off or do without lots of types of purchases, but when it's time for me to rake the leaves or put tar on a leaky roof, I gots to go buy me a rake or some tar somewhere, and right away! No time to wait 5-7 days for UPS ground shipping. People will continue to spend money and their houses (and on medical care and groceries, obviously) even when they've got very little cash on hand.

HippieSurvivalist

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Going out of business sales here in Regina too. Anyone else hear of Best Buy, and Future shop going out of biz after the xmas season?

·
BM2 Hollywood
667 Posts
I cant remember the details about best buy, I am thinking that they are cutting back the operations, at least here in San Diego.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good topic for discussion...I would ask if someone quotes a story from the internet, please copy and paste the link...also, a great site for checking internet and email hoaxes is www.snopes.com --I've all too often receieved email from pretty smart friends passing on inaccurate information...trust, but verify, right?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
If the big O threatens to put a ban on certain homes, maybe that'll jumpstart the economy.

Small retail stores are getting hit good near NY. Alot of empty stores. Big ons closing too. Mother-in law will likely lose her job very soon. The store isn't doing special order or gift card sales. they keep putting big sales on stuff and nobody goes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts