Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so delighted to have found this forum! Now if I could just find a few like-minded folks in the Hampton Roads area (where I live). Surely in my metropolis of two million people, there are a few preppers.

But I digress.

I'm a middle-aged woman, a professional writer, hard-core libertarian and like so many on this board, I've been working since I was 12 years old. To see 45% of my hard-earned dollars taxed away and given away to the government is very frustrating.

Over the last 20 years, I've owned several small businesses and if I were queen of the world (and it shouldn't be long now), I'd insist that everyone successfully start up and run a small business before working in the government - at any level.

Too many people in the state and federal government are CLUELESS about life in the real world. But I digress (again).

Because of my years as an entrepreneur, I feel like I can see the writing on the wall, and the writing on the wall says that you can not sustain a household, a business, or a government when interest on the debt consumes more than 50% of all income.

And it makes me CRAZY how so many Americans seem to know virtually nothing about history, and they don't understand that throughout history, world powers have risen - and fallen. We're following - play by play - the textbook example of how a world power falls into the dust. How can people not understand that? Grrrrrr.

America's hegemony: It was nice while it lasted.

Anyway - I worry about the future. The America of my youth (1960s and 70s) seems like a distant memory these days.

I recently jumped through a whole lot of hoops to get my concealed carry permit, and I spend a little time at the shooting range each month. I'm also doing some of the simple things to prepare for what might be troubled days ahead. I've always said, when those entitlement checks stop flowing, Hampton Roads is going to have a whole lot of mighty unhappy never-held-a-job-in-their-life angry mobs.

Rose

·
Premium Member
8,768 Posts
I recently jumped through a whole lot of hoops to get my concealed carry permit, and I spend a little time at the shooting range each month. I'm also doing some of the simple things to prepare for what might be troubled days ahead. I've always said, when those entitlement checks stop flowing, Hampton Roads is going to have a whole lot of mighty unhappy never-held-a-job-in-their-life angry mobs.

Rose
VA Beach here! :thumb:

I am happy to hear that a fellow concealed carry permit holder sees the importance of practice.

Where are you located in HR?

·
Prepared in NH
12,880 Posts
Greetings and Welcome to the Survivalist Boards.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.