Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many clips do you carry on you?

Just the one in the gun or extras?

Do you usually carry just one gun or a backup too?

Do you carry multiple clips for the backup?

Or rounds if it's a revolver.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
It has a lot to do with the pistol I am carrying. A 1911 .45 I usually have two extra loaded mags with me. If I have the Hi-Power I only carry one extra since they hold 15 rounds plus one in the tube.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I typically just carry the mag in the gun and that's it for most situations. If I'm going downtown or into an area where I'm more likely to have an issue, I'll bring two extra mags with me and even an extra gun, depending on my mood.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
If we're talking civilians, most states don't allow more than one gun even with a permit.
Like where for instance?

I know there are States that require you qualify with any gun you carry (pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun; collectively they're "guns") and list those guns on your license. I know California allows a maximum of 2 firearms listed on your license, but I am not aware of any State that allows ONLY 1 firearm... I'll take your word for it, but it's news to me and I try to keep up to date on the rules whereever I travel and I travel a lot... Please let me know what State to avoid...

Allan

·
Registered
192 Posts
WV only allows one firearm... thats one of the first things my instructor told me... but as far as what i carry it all depends on where im going and what im doing... if i wanna go lightweight i go with my 357 snubby with 1 speedloader, if im out in the woods i got with either my glock 23c 40 one mag or my smith and wesson 1066 10mm also one mag... but my normal carry is a sig p220 45 auto with a spare 8rd mag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Usual EDC: J-frame (642 or 640) and two speed strips in pocket.

Working with local LEOs (very rare) usually SAR or CERT, Glock G23 with 2 extra magazines on belt.

J-Frames work out best for me. I like pocket carry (642) in warm weather and in winter months I carry (640) in OWB FBI style holster with a sweater or hoody over top.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Generally just the one in my Sig P232. I also keep one in the glovebox of my car. (Alot of vehicle related issues around here for some reason ATM.) Sometimes I will slip an extra into my pocket as well, though it's rare.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My standard carry is a Glock 19 with one 15 round magazine in the pistol and a spare 15 round magazine on my belt. That's 30 rounds total, which I feel would be sufficient for practically all daily defense scenarios. Now if I am camping or traveling through a dangerous area, then I'll carry a 3rd magazine.

Around the house I carry a S&W 640 with an extra 5 rounds, or just to quickly run down the street to the local hardware or grocery store.

With the looming threat of an AWB I might rethink my daily carry piece if something is banned from ownership or just grandfathered in and very expensive to replace. It might make me go with my Taurus 617SS, with 7 rounds of .357 Magnum with a ported 2" barrel.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
WV only allows one firearm... thats one of the first things my instructor told me...
My instructor also told me quite a few things and claimed that there were many restrictions as far as carrying in my state that just didn't exist.

Not saying you are wrong.. Just it's best to check the laws yourself.. I asked the state troopers that gave me my permit about the restrictions my instructor told me about and he couldn't find them anywhere in the lawbooks..

One of the restrictions my instructor told me was that you aren't allowed to carry anywhere that alcohol is served.. Even restaurants. I was like WTF? That makes no sense..

Your instructor may be correct.. Just pointing out that it seems some of these guys have no business being instructors..

·
Banned
630 Posts
I carry a 1911 with two extra magazines and as a second,.. a S&W mod. 40 in an ankle holster with one extra HKS speadloader...according to the circumstances and mode of dress I either wear an ALESSI shoulder holster-horizontal carry with a 2 mag holder on the opposite side for the 1911 or a MILT SPARKS IWB with a 2 mag holder IWB.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.