Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FX,

It is no big secret that the vocal majority in this forum disagrees with you when it comes to politics. I myself am included in that vocal majority.

However, since the election earlier this month, I have noticed you posting quite often in the guns section of the forum. You have recently bought a NAA .22 lr and are considering a semi-auto ruger 10/22.

The question I have for you is two-fold:

1) Why are you seemingly in a hurry to buy guns? Why not wait six months to a year?

2) Your presidential preference has a proven track record of being anti-gun. How can you throw your support at him if you are a gun enthusiast?

Please do not take this as a flame for it is not. I have been trying to understand you and see things from your point of view but Obama and Guns are like the opposite sides of a magnet. Help us understand.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
FX,

It is no big secret that the vocal majority in this forum disagrees with you when it comes to politics. I myself am included in that vocal majority. However,

However what?????????

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If the rules of a forum are that everyone should agree, then forums would be pretty boring.

I think the dude is funny, quite honestly, and I can't believe how many people get so worked up over some of his posts..

I think some people are too uptight.. Agree or disagree, I chuckle at more of his posts than not..

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted it by accident before I was finished with it. It is posted in its entirety now

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I was wondering where all this anti-gun Obama stuff is coming from?

I read an article where he said that he respects American hunters and fisherman. He respects people's right to own a firearm.

But he doesn't want criminals to be able to obtain AK47's.

He wants to stop people from making private sales of firearms.

Have I got this right?

What am I missing?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I decided to buy guns and gold coins since the stock market went into the crapper.
The more gun posts I read the more guns I feel like buying.
I never brought politics or namecalling into any gun post.
I also have a nice collection of kukri knives and some tomahawks and a lot of stores.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,556 Posts
Maybe he's stocking up on guns in hopes that soon he'll be able to walk up to Obama himself and proudly hand over his evil weapons, happy in the knowledge that with his weapons now in the hands of his government the world will be safe from crime once again, and his great grandchildren will tell stories of him and the "day he saved the world"...

or not...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

I read an article where he said that he respects American hunters and fisherman. He respects people's right to own a firearm.

Have I got this right?

What am I missing?
I do not want criminals to own AK-47s either. The Second Ammendment is not about hunting. Mr Obama has voted for every gun control measure put past his desk. All of his announced cabinet appointments are staunce gun-control advocates.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I think FX posts gun threads randomly to justify his existence on the forum. If he did not, then he would have no purpose here at all, and would probably been banned by now.
I've been here for over a year and have only made a few posts regarding firearms. I wonder if I have a purpose here, whether or not I should exist on the forum?

Do guns alone make a survivalist?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I decided to buy guns and gold coins since the stock market went into the crapper.
The more gun posts I read the more guns I feel like buying.
I never brought politics or namecalling into any gun post.
I also have a nice collection of kukri knives and some tomahawks and a lot of stores.
I have not seen you name-call in the gun posts either. It is my observation that you tend to over-compensate on OBs defense though (maybe no one else here is willing to champion him.. ;) ).

Seriously though, I am glad to see another American exercising their second ammendment rights. Do you own any SKSs, AKs, ARs or any other semi auto magazine fed guns?

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
No guns do not make a survivalist.
Depends on your situation, though.
If youre in your home, no power and heat...a gun prolly isnt your main priority item.
If you're lost in the woods, it would be.

But everyone has an opinion on survivalists and such. Take it with a grian of salt.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts

Have I got this right?

What am I missing?
It comes from Obama's voting record in his short, VERY short stint as a Senator.

http://www.gunowners.org/pres08/obama.htm
Supporting concealed carry for citizens............................Anti-gun
Banning many common semi-automatic firearms.................Anti-gun
Disallowing self-defense in towns where guns are banned....Anti-gun
Imposing one handgun a month restrictions.......................Anti-gun
Requiring lock up your safety trigger locks........................Anti-gun
Protecting gun dealers from frivolous lawsuits...................Anti-gun
Squelching the free speech rights of gun owners...............Anti-gun
Restricting the interstate sales of firearms.......................Anti-gun
Repealing the gun ban in Washington, DC.........................Anti-gun

Also these "AK47s" we refer to as "assault weapons" could be construed as anything having magazines with a more than 10 round capacity. Really have to pay attention to the semantics in this country.

Our 2nd Amendment guarantees gun rights for more than just hunting.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I have not seen you name-call in the gun posts either. It is my observation that you tend to over-compensate on OBs defense though (maybe no one else here is willing to champion him.. ;) ).

Seriously though, I am glad to see another American exercising their second ammendment rights. Do you own any SKSs, AKs, ARs or any other semi auto magazine fed guns?
Just because I don't believe myths about Obama doesn't mean I lead his fan club. When we say dumb things like he's a Muslim it just goes to credibility.
Or maybe I just like to argue sometimes.

I think I am going to just get an M1 Garand. Who knows though, there must be a reason people like AR's......

·
Here's Johnny!
306 Posts
I do not want criminals to own AK-47s either. The Second Ammendment is not about hunting. Mr Obama has voted for every gun control measure put past his desk. All of his announce cabinet appointments are staunce gun-control advocates.
But it just isn't his presidential preference that is being, or has been anti-gun. Remember this?

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=30253

Did anyone look to see who the sponsor and cosponsors of HR 6257 are?

Not a single Democrat.

Rep. Mark Kirk (R-IL)

Rep. Michael Castle (R-DE)
Rep. Mike Ferguson (R-NJ)
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL)
Rep. Christopher Shays (R-CT)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just because I don't believe myths about Obama doesn't mean I lead his fan club. When we say dumb things like he's a Muslim it just goes to credibility.
Or maybe I just like to argue sometimes.

I think I am going to just get an M1 Garand. Who knows though, there must be a reason people like AR's......
I don't believe in Obama's myths either--but I do enjoy embellishing them though.

Myths, rumors and scuttlebutt about OB aside, you can't deny his track record on guns.

You cant go wrong with an M1. I prefer my AR and AK-types though. What all else do you own?

Are you a target shooter, collector or hunter? Which one of your guns is your favorite and why?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts