Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A farmer from Lebanon couldn't believe his eyes when he discovered he had grown a prize-winning potato on his land, he told AFP on Saturday, saying he was hoping to enter the Guinness World Records. Skip related content

"This giant weighs 11.3 kilos (24.9 pounds)," Khalil Semhat said at his farm in the Tyre area, 85 kilometres (50 miles) south of Beirut.
"I've been working the land since I was a boy, and it's the first time I've seen anything like it."
Semhat, 56, said he had not done anything special to cultivate such a super-sized spud. "I didn't use any chemicals at all," he insisted, adding that he had to ask a friend to help him haul the huge tuber out of the ground.
Now he hopes the find will get a mention in the famous Guinness Book of Records, and said he will send in the details for possible inclusion next year.
He said he was "very proud" to have grown the enormous specimen on his farm, which took a pounding in 2006 during the war between Israel and Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah movement.
Guinness World Records

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to grow a couple of those!

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could not imagine trying to peel this for the mess sarg'...! I remember they were always wanting it done perfect... This would fun to watch a guy try it...

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
bah, that's no potato, actually I don't know what it is

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
just don't think it would make a good baked potato would be hard to get the aluminum foil to stay on.

Reactions: kingjames

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Looks like the the wind is blowing from the depleted uranium contaminated battlefields of Iraq...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts