Survivalist Forum banner

Did you get a flu shot this last flu season? and did you get the flu?

• Got the shot and got the flu anyway.

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Got the shot and didn't get the flu.

Votes: 54 24.5%
  • Didn't get the shot and got the flu.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Didn't get the shot and didn't get the flu.

Votes: 145 65.9%
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Be kind to one another
2,690 Posts
Obummer is that you checking up on us? Just kidding. I intended to get the shot because I work with a bunch degenerate students who don't wash their hands. I kept putting it off for one reason or another, and then the news broke that they guessed wrong this year, so I didn't bother. I have not had the flu so far (knock on wood).

·
Fixer
1,269 Posts
Never get the shot since mil days got the flu 2 times since then this year was the second time in 25 years

i am sticking with my average no shots here

wife drives schoolbus but daughter brought it home and got us both me 3-4 days start to finish wife felt crappy 2 weeks daughter ok after1 day back to school after 2.

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
There's an essential piece of information that's missing. Exposure to others.

Someone who isn't around many people or who doesn't visit public places isn't likely to catch a flu, with or without a shot.

Someone who works in the public sector like a school or office building where they comes into physical contact with many people is far more likely to catch one.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For the last 20 some odd years, I got the flu shot every year. and I got the flu every year.
The 2013 - 14 flu season I actually got 3 flu shots due to an error. 1) seasonal flu shot, then tried to get the swine flu shot, but they messed up and gave the seasonal shot again, then 3rd time got the swine flu shot. Then got the flu! Had a terrible horrible case of the flu.
This year I forwent the shot , no flu.
I think I will forgo the flu shot for a few years to see how I do. :)

1 - 20 of 144 Posts