Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Biologist
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I made a thread about how I lost my favorite and first survival knife,The Fallkniven A1.Well this weekend while hiking I found it.Despite all the rain the area had received the knife didnt have a spot of rust on it.However the belt loop is where the sheath failed.If you have a Fallkniven A1 you will know on the back there are these 2 rivet type attachments on the belt loop.Somehow they both failed.Anyway Fallkniven has already mailed out a new sheath and have asked that I send in my old sheath for "Study".They've sent their appologies and have payed for shipping for both sheaths.Sorry my camera is broken so I cant really take pictures(funny how they break when you drop them :rolleyes:).Just thought some people would like to hear of Fallknivens quality.

·
old hand
7,441 Posts
Good Job man!

I lost both pair of RayBans one weekend.

I found the first pair in my seed tender truck about mid-week, but I didn't find the other pair untill I was out in the sheep pasture last night with a flashlight checking on a lamb ... they were in the grass and the reflection caught my eye.

Always nice when that happens.

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
Dude, that is awsome, like finding a lost love. I can relate, I am currently searching for a flashlight I lost, only problem is I covered two states the day I lost it.

Reactions: sluggyslugworth

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
When I was a senior in high school, I lost my high school ring while throwing a fish basket into the pond .... that was in the seventies.

Several years ago I get a call from a buddy of mine who still lives in my hometown and he tells me about a call he gets from the people who bought the property ... they drained the pond to do some work on the dam and lo and behold they found my ring out by the old dock. My initials were in the ring and the people approached my old friend to find out if he could remember anyone in his class with those initials ... not only did he instantly know it was me but he was one of the guys there with me the night I threw that basket out there and lost that ring ... thirty years it sat in that pond. They found it while running a metal detector around the dock looking for a watch the new owner had lost there a couple of years earlier ... while throwing a fishing basket off the dock.

Congrats on finding the knife! I remember that post of yours ... guess you didn't have to paint it a bright color after all huh? ;)

·
Junior Oldie
817 Posts
I'm surprised that the sheath wasn't glued together instead of just rivets. Most sheaths nowadays really only have stitching and rivets for looks - it's the glue that keeps them together. If it was me, the first thing I would do with the new sheath is run some superglue around the rivets. It is good that they are covering everything; it speaks of a quality company.

I've got a story similar to Gallo's above. We were doing a little partying at a lake and one of my friends threw something in the lake and his high school ring went with it. About five years later, one of the guys who had been there that day was swimming in the lake - and we're talking just in the middle of nowhere in the lake - and dives and sees the ring laying in about ten feet of water. He knew instantly whose it was and returned it. My buddy still wears it to this day.

·
Biologist
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm surprised that the sheath wasn't glued together instead of just rivets. Most sheaths nowadays really only have stitching and rivets for looks - it's the glue that keeps them together. If it was me, the first thing I would do with the new sheath is run some superglue around the rivets. It is good that they are covering everything; it speaks of a quality company.

I've got a story similar to Gallo's above. We were doing a little partying at a lake and one of my friends threw something in the lake and his high school ring went with it. About five years later, one of the guys who had been there that day was swimming in the lake - and we're talking just in the middle of nowhere in the lake - and dives and sees the ring laying in about ten feet of water. He knew instantly whose it was and returned it. My buddy still wears it to this day.
Thats what shocked Fallkniven I think.They assured me it was a one in a million type of thing.Im pretty sure the sheath is made in a country like Mexico,it could have slipped by one of the factory workers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.