Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
the last couple years the area people selling plants are getting worse and worse at trying to pass of crappy plants that die when planted.
Some types of plants should not be transplanted from sprouts, they should be grown directly from seed.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/Plantanswers/vegetables/okra.html

Q. I transplanted some okra I purchased at a local nursery. It is stunted and not growing. What should I do?

A. Please, don't waste your garden dollars! Always plant crops such as beans, beets, cantaloupe, carrots, chard, collards, corn, cucumbers, kale, mustard, okra, peas, radishes, squash, turnips and watermelons from seed. These plants are difficult to transplant and transplanting offers no advantage over seeding directly in the garden.

Aggie-horticulture is a division of the Texas A&M University.

Personally, the only types of plants that I transplant are tomatoes and peppers (I have not grown any strawberries yet so they were not included in the list). Just about every thing else is grown from seed.

Some types of plants are likely to go into shock and die, or their growth will be stunted when you transplant them. I have seen this first hand with squash.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.